STs to SCSTs

gregcss

STs to SCSTs
« on: 8 Feb 2014, 07:53 pm »
I have my standard STs and center for sale because I want to upgrade to the supercharged version of both. They have been listed for a few weeks and there is little interest. I wanted to know how much more I would get in sound quality from the supercharged version over the standard dome tweeter version. I am asking because it may persuade me to let my current speakers go for a lower price.

billmcc

Re: STs to SCSTs
« Reply #1 on: 8 Feb 2014, 08:20 pm »
Greg,

I would also be curious as to those that went from STs with the dome tweeter to the SCSTs. I have the STs with the dome tweeter and have also considered going to the SCSTs. I think the differences will be a bit more resolution (accuracy?) with the Raal tweeter and much better bass response. It is a tough time to sell audio gear I believe. The other factor with Salk speakers is some would rather pay for new speakers to be able to chose the finish they want.

Bill

jsalk

« Reply #2 on: 9 Feb 2014, 03:12 pm »
Greg -

Send me information on your speakers and I can list them on the Available for Immediate Delivery sub-circle.

- Jim

Nick77

« Reply #3 on: 10 Feb 2014, 01:04 pm »
Ive found limiting to local sell makes it much more difficult. Good luck with upgrade.