audiophile fuse holder

Nick B

audiophile fuse holder
« on: 6 Feb 2014, 06:42 pm »
I don't want to get into a discussion on the merits of fuses.... I have a McCormack DNA 1.0 that Steve McCormack upgraded and he recommended a HiFi Tuning fuse. I have read a few threads on fuses, but only once did I see mention of a fuse holder..the Acme...which would not be easy to install. Assuming that fuses can make a difference, then why is there little mention of fuse holders? They are in the signal path as well. Thoughts pls
Nick

moderator .. not sure if this belongs in this circle

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
Re: audiophile fuse holder
« Reply #1 on: 7 Feb 2014, 04:16 pm »
It probably belongs in The Lab or Solid State, but doesn't violate any C&C guidelines so far and the fuse holder quoted is $8.00.  Therefore we can see where it goes before we place it more accurately if needed.

As far as fuse holders, I agree.  But trying to tell EE's who design components that they need to use either better fuses or better fuse holders seem to fall on deaf ears.  If someone can find some ad copy boasting about an amplifiers audiophile quality fuse holders it will be the first time I've seen any in my 40 years of hifi audio interest.  Anyone who has please feel free to correct me as I'd be interested.  And the same goes for any info on if the fuse holders make any difference.  Here's the link to the Acme holder: http://www.dedicatedaudio.com/inc/sdetail/154

Nick B

Re: audiophile fuse holder
« Reply #2 on: 8 Feb 2014, 07:14 am »
Well, other than the Acme the only option appears to be a holder built into the IEC power inlet like Furutech. That's probably what I'll do and use an AMR fuse. I'm surprised it hasn't been done before as I'd think someone could make some money on such a product.