Bryston AES/EBU cable for BDP-1 --->BDA-1?

yertletheturtle

Bryston AES/EBU cable for BDP-1 --->BDA-1?
« on: 26 Jan 2014, 08:33 pm »
I am expecting delivery of my new digital front end-- New BDP-1 and used BDA-1.  I do not own a single AES/EBU cable.  Is there one included with the BDP-1? Has anyone tried the Bryston branded AES/EBU cable? its $105 and while not cheap, I am always tempted to keep things in the family.  Especially since my recent attempts to mix and match components (mac mini, wadia dac, classdaudio amp, morrow, jps, cardas, hidiamond cables) drove me to dig a deeper and deeper hole, eventually rendering the system annoying to unlistenable.  (I am bad at this)

I am now trying to take some variables out of the equation by steering towards the Bryston family.... driving Magnepan 1.6qr with 3b-thx (st) fed through Quicksilver audio line stage. 

Thanks

PETE6737

• Revel 2 channel
Re: Bryston AES/EBU cable for BDP-1 --->BDA-1?
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jan 2014, 10:34 pm »
I'm also curious about the Bryston cables. Any one using them please advise your opinions! Thanks

So There

• Brystonized
« Reply #2 on: 26 Jan 2014, 10:56 pm »
I use the Bryston AES/EBU cable, at James' recommendation, to connect my BDA-2 to the SP3. The sound is superb. I believe it is US $105 for one meter, available through the Bryston website or dealers.

Rich

The means — Bryston SP3 | Bryston 6B-SST(C) - L/C/R; 4B-SST(C) - surrounds; 4B-SST(C) - rears | Bryston BDP-2 Digital Player; BDA-2 D/A Converter; Oppo BDP-105 | Paradigm Reference Signature S8 fronts; C5 center; ADP surrounds; S4 rears; two Velodyne DD15 subs | APC S20 | Pioneer Elite PRO-1130

yertletheturtle

« Reply #3 on: 26 Jan 2014, 11:25 pm »
I use the Bryston AES/EBU cable, at James' recommendation, to connect my BDA-2 to the SP3. The sound is superb. I believe it is US $105 for one meter, available through the Bryston website or dealers.

Rich

Thanks Rich.  Its what I wanted to hear.  I have to figure that this marvelous gear is sold to work very well togeether.  Could it be improved upon? sure......Could I save a few bucks with BlueJeans? sure...... but I need to get rid of some variables so that I have a rock solid starting point. I am buyng me a Bryston cable and feeling good about it!

jhameeh

« Reply #4 on: 27 Jan 2014, 02:00 am »
I am using AES/UEB cable too from my BDP-2 to BDA-2 and Bryston XLR from BDA-2 to ARC LS27 to 4BSST2. Sound is very good and you need more $$$ to replaced this cables!

budcook

« Reply #5 on: 27 Jan 2014, 02:06 am »
I am expecting delivery of my new digital front end-- New BDP-1 and used BDA-1.  I do not own a single AES/EBU cable.  Is there one included with the BDP-1? Has anyone tried the Bryston branded AES/EBU cable? its $105 and while not cheap, I am always tempted to keep things in the family.  Especially since my recent attempts to mix and match components (mac mini, wadia dac, classdaudio amp, morrow, jps, cardas, hidiamond cables) drove me to dig a deeper and deeper hole, eventually rendering the system annoying to unlistenable.  (I am bad at this)

I am now trying to take some variables out of the equation by steering towards the Bryston family.... driving Magnepan 1.6qr with 3b-thx (st) fed through Quicksilver audio line stage. 

Thanks

One thing I learned is that digital cables should be at least 1 meter long.

Bud

yertletheturtle

« Reply #6 on: 27 Jan 2014, 02:34 am »
One thing I learned is that digital cables should be at least 1 meter long.

Bud
Thanks
I read that too.
I have seen a lot of cables offered in 1.5m lengths for this reason.
Bryston doesn't offer this.
Does that mean get 1m or 2m length?

budcook

« Reply #7 on: 27 Jan 2014, 02:39 am »
Thanks
I read that too.

1 meter is fine. 

Bud

So There

• Brystonized
« Reply #8 on: 27 Jan 2014, 05:11 pm »
Thanks
I read that too.

Bryston made analog balanced cables (XLRs) for me in custom lengths, so they may do this for the AES/EBU cables. James can certainly help with this query.

Happy listening,

Rich

PETE6737

• Revel 2 channel
« Reply #9 on: 27 Jan 2014, 05:34 pm »
Thanks for the info, all!

yertletheturtle

« Reply #10 on: 27 Jan 2014, 05:48 pm »
yes, Thanks.

Grit

• - Garrett
« Reply #11 on: 30 Jan 2014, 08:26 pm »
Thanks
I read that too.
That 1.5m length is supposed to have something to do with providing the least amount of jitter. No idea if it's accurate or not, or if the Byrston gear makes that issue irrelevant. I'm running a 1m cable myself. I can tell you the AES/EBU connection was a bit better to me than the S/PDIF connection, and the S/PDIF cable I used was 1.5m.

yertletheturtle

« Reply #12 on: 30 Jan 2014, 08:36 pm »
Thank you. I will report back with my own impressions once my system is in place. Cheers
Dimitri

spinner

« Reply #13 on: 30 Jan 2014, 11:11 pm »
I'm also curious about the Bryston cables. Any one using them please advise your opinions! Thanks
  I have the Bryston balanced cables for all my :thumb: units.... very, very satisfied... made a significant improvement in detail and dynamics....

JBLMVBC

« Reply #14 on: 31 Jan 2014, 06:18 am »
I also do use this cable and it made a difference. Highly recommended  :D

PETE6737

• Revel 2 channel
« Reply #15 on: 31 Jan 2014, 11:30 am »
Thanks All,
I will definitely plan on Bryston cabling with my next equipment upgrade!