SP3 operation questions & I/R codes request

Grit

• - Garrett
SP3 operation questions & I/R codes request
« on: 23 Jan 2014, 08:59 pm »
I'm trying to find the SP3 I/R hex codes... can someone point me in the right direction?

Also, I have a couple of user questions I'd appreciate some input with:

- I found discrete on and off codes for the "digital" button (which selects use of the spdif or toslink digital audio, if assigned, with a given input, correct?) I did not see  discrete on and off code for HDMI. What happens if I have input #1/DVD with HDMI selected and then use an IR remote to select input #2/CBL-Sat? Will HDMI remain selected, or does it toggle HDMI off each time i select a new input?

- After further looking, I have the same question about the "digital", "2-ch bypass", and "stereo" buttons.

- I found the discrete codes for the "2-ch bypass" button. Are there discrete codes for the "stereo" button?

- The tape and DVR inputs... there is no volume control with those analog inputs? What about with using either spdif, toslink, or HDMI? Is a digital audio input assignable, and if so, is the volume controllable?

- How do you select the AES/BEU digital audio inputs? I don't see a discrete IR code or any method in the manual to select them. The programmable digital input menu only refers to SPDIF and TOSLink being assignable to an input. I can't find where the AES inputs are dedicated to a particular input or assignable.

My concern is having the SP3 behind a closed cabinet. I have a remote that uses RF to communicate to an IR repeater. I'm sure if I was using RS-232, this would all be easy. However, I'm (at this point) reliant on IR codes. Discrete codes make programming easy, and toggles are problematic.

Any help/insight would be appreciated!
« Last Edit: 24 Jan 2014, 08:05 pm by Grit »

mv038856

Re: SP3 operation & I/R codes question
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jan 2014, 02:20 pm »
Hi,

Don't have the codes (would recommend to control the SP-3 through RS232 anyway).

Regarding your input questions, the SP-3 remembers the last choice, i.e. if you chose HDMI last on an input, HDMI will be activated once you return to that input. The same applies to the stereo and bypass options.

Regarding your Tape/VCR questions, there seems to be an misunderstanding. The audio input's volume can be controlled. It is the dedicated audio (recording) outputs of these which have a fixed volume - as it usually is with all recording outputs.

Hope this helps!

Markus

Grit

• - Garrett
« Reply #2 on: 24 Jan 2014, 07:58 pm »
Thanks Markus. I'd love to use RS-232, but I can't for the time being. it'd require a whole new remote system, and I'd rather focus on the processsor/preamp for now.

My confusion about the tape and DVR inputs came from the manual, page 7, item #4, "The inputs can, of course, also be used as just another pair of analog inputs, but at unity gain only & no volume control."

That's great to know that the input retains the HDMI toggle.

- Do the inputs retain the "2-ch bypass", "stereo", and "digital" selections also?
- What happens when both the "HDMI" and "digital" options are both selected?
- Any idea how to access the AES/EBU inputs? I was thinking maybe the BAL-1 & BAL-2 inputs + "digital" button?

mv038856

« Reply #3 on: 24 Jan 2014, 10:50 pm »
- Do the inputs retain the "2-ch bypass", "stereo", and "digital" selections also?

Yes!

- What happens when both the "HDMI" and "digital" options are both selected?

Only one of them can be active. Not sure how to set the SP-3 up to take video from HDMI and audio from a digital input though. But it must be possible! ;)

- Any idea how to access the AES/EBU inputs? I was thinking maybe the BAL-1 & BAL-2 inputs + "digital" button?

Yes, they are "hard assigned" to the BAL1 and 2 inputs and Digital selects them.

Cheers!

Markus