Anyone doing mods on Squeezebox

Hear Clifford Brown

Anyone doing mods on Squeezebox
« on: 13 Jan 2014, 04:24 pm »
I have a squeezebox classic in a second system.  Wish it could be Boulder modified but Wayne is no longer doing that.  Are there any other options?

Charles Calkins

Re: Anyone doing mods on Squeezebox
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jan 2014, 04:57 pm »
I was told by one of our members that Vinnie of red wine audio does mods to the SB3

Cheers
                                                Charlie

dminches

« Reply #2 on: 13 Jan 2014, 05:02 pm »
You should also email Wayne and see if he has time for a mod.  He did one for me 3-4 months ago.

mcgsxr

« Reply #3 on: 13 Jan 2014, 05:46 pm »
I'd keep a close eye on the classifieds here, and at Head-Fi, I still see work Wayne has done come up around once a month.

I owned a highly modded piece for years, it was excellent.

Fredly

« Reply #4 on: 14 Jan 2014, 02:02 pm »
I have a Squeezebox Classic, modded by Vinnie at Redwine, that I can part with, if you're interested. Cheers Fred in Canada.

Hear Clifford Brown

« Reply #5 on: 27 Jan 2014, 03:31 am »
I contacted Wayne from Boulder Audio, he is not doing any mods on the side anymore.  He said the Touch is superior to all models prior.

I've been reading about the SB Touch and that seems to be the way to go.  So no longer have any interest in modding my SB Classic.  I just read an old review of the Touch in Stereophile by Kalman Rubinson (Oct. 2010) and he loved it even in stock form.  Some good info in that review, including a way to modify it so that the USB port, normally for input only, can output to a DAC.