Veracity ST in NZ

mikeesnz

Veracity ST in NZ
« on: 3 Jan 2014, 10:45 pm »
A little while ago I took delivery of my SS8 just before I moved to Kerikeri in the Far North. They sound magnificent in our new lounge & still blow me away.
With some persuassion I got my brother in Aucklland to get a pair of Veracity ST's rather than set up a 5.1 system particularly when the focus was music. These arrived in November and I went down to set up early December & finaly over Christmas. It took some time as everything was new Amp (bought 18 months ago), Panasonic Blu Ray& TV & Nas for all music & video files as well as having to put a cabinet mount for the TV on  his furniture. This was where I found that codecs that might work on USB didn't  always work via ethernet. Flac through the ethernet on the blu ray was somewhat flat. It wasn't till my Christmas visit that I got the Ethernet into the Denon amp working (& I don't know why it didn't work straight up). The difference was amazing and was what I initially expected a nice clear & detailed sound.
The Veracity ST's look great in the honey he chose (sorry no photos) are amazing with all the detail you could want even at low listening levels I am impressed & so is my brother on his  new music experience.
All that remains to be done is to get the Denon App setup & continue to enjoy. Maybe one day a separate music streamer but all is great for now.

Rocket

Re: Veracity ST in NZ
« Reply #1 on: 3 Jan 2014, 11:41 pm »
Hi Mike,

Glad you and your brother are enjoying Salk Sound speakers.  Were they hard to ship to New Zealand?  I recently imported a pair of HT3 speakers but my pair are the older style with the arum cantus tweeter.  Nonetheless they sound superlative.

Cheers Rod

mikeesnz

« Reply #2 on: 4 Jan 2014, 08:06 pm »
There was no trouble importing into NZ. Just paid the tax & there was no duty. Jim arranged the freight & Insurance for mine & they arrived quicker than expected. Unfortunately a ceramic speaker was destroyed in transit despite some excellant packaging. Jim sent an immediate replacement which I fitted with no issues. I had taken photos of the packaging for our move to Kerikeri & they were repacked & shipped without issue.
My brother arranged his own freight through his company but I believe it was in fact the same company that Jim used for mine. There were no issues.

sfdoddsy

« Reply #3 on: 4 Jan 2014, 10:10 pm »
How much was the shipping?

audiotom

• Ground control to Major Tom
    • for everything music
« Reply #4 on: 4 Jan 2014, 10:23 pm »
a kiwi's ransom   :roll:

mikeesnz

« Reply #5 on: 5 Jan 2014, 07:53 pm »
Yeah it broke the bank. About US$1000 for the SS8. I landed them in nz all up tax etc for NZ$15,000 which is the same price as a B *W 804d & I know what I would have by a very wide margin!

Rocket

« Reply #6 on: 6 Jan 2014, 12:58 am »
Hi,

I recently shipped a pair of Salk Sound HT3's to Perth, Western Australia and the shipping was $837US by air with DB Schenker.  In total the speakers cost me $7800AU including shipping, taxes and customs fees.  The SS8 is in another league and I've heard the accuton drivers many times and they are top class.  Happy listening.

Cheers Rod