SOLD: Fritzspeakers Carbon 7 Tower Speakers - $650 delivered

mhconley

I have a pair of Fritzspeakers Carbon 7 tower speakers for sale.  I purchased these directly from Fritz when I lived in the San Francisco Bay Area.  They are now in Cape Coral, FL.

These were demo speakers when I purchased them and display Fritz's typical furniture grade enclosure work in beautiful cherry veneer.  AudioGon cosmetic condition 6/10 - they are gorgeous only revealing flaws upon close inspection - sonically as new.  One tweeter was creased in our cross country move, see second to last picture.  There are minor dents and marks in the veneer here and there, significant on the top of one speaker, see last picture.  Nothing through the veneer, though.  Also, they have biwire terminal cups but only use one pair of binding posts, there are no nuts on the other pair.  No grills, but why would you want to cover that pretty face? :)  The bottoms are laminate in OK condition.  I have them on Soundocity Outriggers with spikes which are included in the sale.

These are 39" tall, 10-1/2" deep and 9" wide.  The outriggers add 3" to the width (1-1/2" on each side, 12" total) and 1-1/2" to the height (40-1/2" total).  They have a single 2-1/2" rear port below the binding posts.

My review of Fritz's Carbon 7 bookshelf is here: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=79649.msg759264#msg759264
And my comments on my tower version here: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=89234.20

I am only selling these because I picked-up a pair of my dream speakers at a very reasonable price.

This is a LOCAL southwest Florida sale.  At my asking price I am willing to drive up to 1 hour to meet you.  I'll deliver them to Tampa / St. Pete, Orlando or Miami for an additional $200.

I will NOT ship these anywhere at any price.

$550 Fritz tells me that's less than the cost of the drivers and outriggers!

See my latest post for possible in person delivery option!

$650 delivered.

Martin
« Last Edit: 16 Jun 2014, 12:45 pm by mhconley »

roscoeiii

Re: FS: Fritzspeakers Carbon 7 Tower Speakers $1200
« Reply #1 on: 3 Jan 2014, 08:39 pm »
Curious what those dream speakers are...

Somebody in FL grab these. I love the sound of Fritz Speakers but am in Chicago.

persisting1

« Reply #2 on: 6 Jan 2014, 09:41 pm »
These will make someone very happy.

Brettio

« Reply #3 on: 7 Jan 2014, 02:27 am »
These speakers make me wish I lived near Cape Coral.  My loss.  Good luck on the sale. 

mhconley

Re: FS: Fritzspeakers Carbon 7 Tower Speakers $1200 *UPDATED*
« Reply #4 on: 7 Jan 2014, 01:00 pm »
Thanks for the comments...  these are wonderful sounding speakers.  Maybe some snowbird would like these for their winter home...

I have updated the listing with more information on condition and two recent pictures.  I'd call these 10 footers, from the listening position they look flawless and sound perfect.

Thanks again,

Martin

mhconley

Re: FS: Fritzspeakers Carbon 7 Tower Speakers NOW $1100
« Reply #5 on: 31 Jan 2014, 04:17 pm »
Bump - now $1100

Martin

mhconley

Re: FS: Fritzspeakers Carbon 7 Tower Speakers NOW $1000
« Reply #6 on: 17 Feb 2014, 03:59 pm »
Another price drop...

Martin

mhconley

Re: FS: Fritzspeakers Carbon 7 Tower Speakers NOW $900
« Reply #7 on: 2 Mar 2014, 09:16 pm »
I need these to sell...

Martin

mhconley

Price reduced again...

Martin

dvzzz

PM sent

dvzzz

I sent another PM but it sounds like they are not getting through, I did receive a PM from you though today. Pls let me know the total shipped to 60060 via PM. I am getting your PMs, so hope you are will get mine too.

mhconley

I sent another PM but it sounds like they are not getting through, I did receive a PM from you though today. Pls let me know the total shipped to 60060 via PM. I am getting your PMs, so hope you are will get mine too.

I just replied...

For those pondering these speakers packaging and shipping works out to be right around $250.  I will pack them in Klipsch RF-82 boxes; I just need to buy the foam corners and sheets to fit them in the boxes.  Please note that I will only charge my actual packaging and shipping costs.  I also accept PayPal with zero fees.

Thanks for looking...

Martin

mhconley

Added a shipped price and a better picture of the creased tweeter.  Please note that packing will take approximately one week as I have to buy the packing materials.

Martin
« Last Edit: 25 Mar 2014, 04:26 pm by mhconley »

mhconley

Still for sale...

Martin

mhconley

Re: For LOCAL sale: Fritzspeakers Carbon 7 Tower Speakers - $550
« Reply #14 on: 13 May 2014, 09:46 pm »
Available again - reduced dramatically - Florida sales only!

Martin

ClefChef

« Reply #15 on: 14 May 2014, 12:12 am »
I'll take them. And I will pay for shipping. UPS store can pack them in custom boxes with foam inserts for a reasonable fee.

mhconley

« Reply #16 on: 14 May 2014, 03:32 am »
I'll take them. And I will pay for shipping. UPS store can pack them in custom boxes with foam inserts for a reasonable fee.

Reply sent via private message...

mhconley

« Reply #17 on: 28 May 2014, 01:00 pm »
Still available - several sales have fallen through for various reasons.

Martin

Rocket

« Reply #18 on: 28 May 2014, 02:48 pm »
Hi Martin,

I can't believe these are still for sale at your asking price.  I understand why you don't want to ship them too far due to the damage that sometimes occurs.

Regards Rod

mhconley

« Reply #19 on: 10 Jun 2014, 05:45 pm »
OK - Here's an offer that I hope will generate some interest...

I am driving the family from our home in Cape Coral, Florida to Sullivan, Illinois (about 40 minutes SE of Decatur) this coming weekend - June 14 & 15.  We'll be in Sullivan at least a week.

The route takes us up I-75 through Atlanta, Georgia to Chattanooga, Tennessee, then I-24 through Nashville, Tennessee and Paducah, Kentucky to I-57 in southern Illinois which we take up to meet I-70 at Effingham, Illinois.

For $650 I'll take these speakers (it's going to be difficult but manageable) and either meet you en route or you can pick them up in Sullivan, Illinois.

Sullivan is:
  • 3 hours south of Chicago
  • 2-1/4 hours northeast of St. Louis
  • 1-3/4 hours west of Indianapolis

Let me know if you are interested!

Martin
« Last Edit: 11 Jun 2014, 05:24 pm by mhconley »