Can Etesian+Khartago drive Nightingale well?

jttlee

« on: 5 Aug 2004, 03:01 am »
Any idea?

Regards,
John

alex_odyssey_sg

• http://www.odysseyaudiosg.com
« Reply #1 on: 5 Aug 2004, 08:13 am »
Of course!! The Nightingales are quite exceptional speakers. Imagery and focus are first-rate. Honestly, I have heard many speakers as an audiophile, but to get that kind of imagery and focus at that price...

Anyway, yes...that matching is good...and the khartago has more than sufficient current to power the Nightingale. That's the setup for the Singapore showroom if anyone wants to audition the khartago. Just have to make sure that your CDP has a higher output (2 V) to match the Etesian.

Alex

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #2 on: 5 Aug 2004, 08:37 am »
Always keep in mind that the Khartago is actually a 3,500 +  amp.  Difference is that you can get it for $ 750.  but with the same high quality of parts and QC.

After all,  Wimas, Sanken and Sanyos.  Groneberg wire and solder (which is fantastic),  WBT's,  etc. etc.  Now,  since I padded myself on the back here,  the answer is yes,  of course.  The Khartago is stabile at and around 1 Ohm loads,  is a pretty  current design,  and has the same attributes as the stratos and Symphonic Line amps do.  For 23 years now,  that is,  lol.

Late

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #3 on: 5 Aug 2004, 08:37 am »
Always keep in mind that the Khartago is actually a $ 3,500 +  amp.  Difference is that you can get it for $ 750.  but with the same high quality of parts and QC.

After all,  Wimas, Sanken and Sanyos.  Groneberg wire and solder (which is fantastic),  WBT's,  etc. etc.  Now,  since I padded myself on the back here,  the answer is yes,  of course.  The Khartago is stabile at and around 1 Ohm loads,  is a pretty  current design,  and has the same attributes as the stratos and Symphonic Line amps do.  For 23 years now,  that is,  lol.

Late

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #4 on: 5 Aug 2004, 02:11 pm »
Just in time, a customer who already has a Khartago asked the same question to me, altough I was sure about it it is alwasy better to read it endorsed by Klaus.

odysseyhk

« Reply #5 on: 5 Aug 2004, 03:40 pm »
John,
Let's arrange a time to try it out.   I'm confident that Epiphony is powerful enough.  Don't look at the 110W per channel rating.  It can drive high current which is more important.

One of the customer has bring it back home to match his speaker, his friend's feedback is that "he thought that it is a 200W per channel amp".  Practically, the ability to give the current and power whenever needed is more important than the power on spec.

Brian

« Reply #6 on: 5 Aug 2004, 04:13 pm »
Hi

I have been using the Tempest and Stratos (120.000) to drive my Nightingales for some months now. I have just recent gotten the Khartago and it is still being broken in. The sound of the Khartago is very similar to the Stratos and sofar I have not had any problems regarding the Khartago/Nighingale combination.

I can only say that both amps are really good matches for the Nightingale.

jttlee

« Reply #7 on: 6 Aug 2004, 12:39 pm »
Hi All,

Thanks everybody for sharing your experience.

Hi Barry,

Thanks.  I'll visit your showroom again, maybe in several weeks time.  Wait until the Nightingale has broken in.  Besides, I need some time to sort out the space problems in my home first.

Regards,
John

odysseyhk

« Reply #8 on: 7 Aug 2004, 02:23 pm »
John,

I tried different combination today.  Understand you are considering Epiphony and Nightingale.  I like Etesian+Khartago+Epiphony more than Etesian+Khartago+Nightingale.  With Etesian and Nightingale, it is give you a lot of details and lack a bit of warm (which may be due to my equipment not fully run-in).   While Epiphony is more warm and punchy, combine with Etesian's clarity, the outcome is excellent.  

I like Tempest + Dual Mono + Nightingale which is really great combination.  The music is live and touching.  I love it.

I suggest to come and try different combination.  It is subjective and you need to hear it for yourself.

jttlee

« Reply #9 on: 8 Aug 2004, 03:45 am »
Barry,

Thanks for sharing your comment.  I will wait for some more weeks/months(?) for the Nightingale to break in first.  Hopefully it won't be too long!   :lol:

Regards,
John