Bourne Supremacy

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Bourne Supremacy
« on: 5 Aug 2004, 01:29 am »
I just watched this today and it was a pretty solid movie.  Not quite as good as The Bourne Identity, but good nonetheless.  The main complaint I had was that I didn't care as much for the style of the cinematography this time- lots of jerky camerawork made the fight & action scenes really disorienting.  And the car chase scenes were more violent while simultaneously less imaginative and engaging.

Otherwise, a good strong 3*** of 4 / 7.5 of 10 from me.

wshuff

Bourne Supremacy
« Reply #1 on: 13 Aug 2004, 07:40 pm »
I thoroughly enjoyed this movie.  A solid 8 of 10 for me.  I actually liked it as well as, if not maybe a bit more, than the first.

What is really pleasing to me is that it is based on a novel, but really has nothing whatsoever to do with the plot from the book.  In other words, The Bourne Identity, The Bourne Supremacy, and The Bourne Ultimatum actually provide 6 different stories--three in the novels, three in the books.  And while I guess I liked the books better, the two movies have both been good in their own right, unlike the usual situation where the movie is a watered-down version of the book that tends to leave out so many important elements and plot points, or merges characters and events.  Here, they simply took the names and the general character traits, and created something entirely new.

Ears

Bourne Supremacy
« Reply #2 on: 3 Sep 2004, 01:56 pm »
I also thought the first movie was better.
I sat in the back and still was bothered by what seemed like a camera man running around after drinking way too much coffe and  hand filming more than half the movie in this ridiculous style.

viggen

Bourne Supremacy
« Reply #3 on: 3 Sep 2004, 02:30 pm »
I like the second one better.  Although, if I didn't see the first one, I'd think the second one is filled with pointless action scenes.  I love the way they decorate their condos/apartments in both these films.  My gf and I kept talking about the interior designs after watching it.