Speaker Comparison... any interest?

Carlman

« on: 4 Aug 2004, 02:26 pm »
I'm on the demo list for the Shamrock Keelins and have asked Rick Craig about possibly joining us for a demo of his SA-1's that he's touring now.

If that doesn't work out, I may get the tour pair to audition.  Also, TheHomeTheaterDoc (Shane) is lending my some Usher 718's to hear.

So, I'll have:
GMA Europas (current speaker)
KEF Coda 70's (just purchased, breaking in)
Usher X-718
Shamrock Keelin
Selah SA-1

I'll also have the upgraded AKSA to hear which would be a good combo with any of the above.  

I can host this but you know my room is tiny so, if someone else would like to host, chime in and we can decide as the time gets closer.

Suggestions are welcome.  

-Carl

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
Re: Speaker Comparison... any interest?
« Reply #1 on: 4 Aug 2004, 04:55 pm »
Quote from: Carlman
I'm on the demo list for the Shamrock Keelins and have asked Rick Craig about possibly joining us for a demo of his SA-1's that he's touring now.

If that doesn't work out, I may get the tour pair to audition.  Also, TheHomeTheaterDoc (Shane) is lending my some Usher 718's to hear.

So, I'll have:
GMA Europas (current speaker)
KEF Coda 70's (just purchased, breaking in)
Usher X-718
Shamrock Keelin
Selah SA-1

I'll also have the upgraded AKSA to hear which would be a good combo with any of the abo ...

Sounds good to me. I also would be willing to bring my measurement gear if you want to see how the curves compare on the different speakers.

Carlman

« Reply #2 on: 4 Aug 2004, 07:05 pm »
Cool!  Glad you're interested, Rick.  And of course, I'd really like it if you brought some testing equipment.  

I guess some dates would be good to know...

This weekend works well for me but, I won't have the Keelin's yet.  I'll have everything else, though.

Anyone game for a gathering this weekend?  My house is open on Sunday.

-Carl

Bingenito

Gathering
« Reply #3 on: 4 Aug 2004, 09:16 pm »
I may be interested. Were are you located and what day this weekend?

Carlman

« Reply #4 on: 4 Aug 2004, 09:29 pm »
Sunday works best.  I'm in 'East Durham' which isn't really close to any major landmark, unfortunately.  But, I'm about 6 miles east of downtown on Hwy 98.

I'll provide directions to any new-comers if the meet materializes...  even if it's just a few people.

Or, if someone else with a better room hosts, they'll provide directions...

-C

Bingenito

Gathering
« Reply #5 on: 4 Aug 2004, 09:45 pm »
I would really like to attend but I am probably 2.5-3 hrs away down in Charlotte.

If my room was not full of linearrays I would host :D

Inscrutable

• http://home.earthlink.net/~inscrutabl/index.html
« Reply #6 on: 5 Aug 2004, 11:03 am »
Carl,
As I PM'd you, things have gone a might crazy here of late, but I still wnat to try to do this.  Whether i just attend, or can volunteer to host, I will not know for a bit.  Let me survive today, and I'll post again.  Do you think my room would be a better choice to accomodate this?