Ni-MH AA Battery Recommendations

Don_S

Ni-MH AA Battery Recommendations
« on: 21 Nov 2013, 07:09 pm »
My Sony camera uses two AA Ni-MH batteries. It came with two Sony batteries that were made in Japan.  They were awesome.  :thumb: I think I could have started my car with them.  So I ordered spares from Amazon.  The new Sony batteries were made in China and they are the worst batteries ever.  :thumbdown:  Thank you so much Sony for selling out.  :finger:

My next batteries were Eneloops from Japan.  They are mediocre to good. Not as bad as the Chinese Sony's but not as good as the Japanese Sony's.

I have two chargers. A slow charger came with my camera and I prefer it.  Seems less stressful to the batteries but that is just my thoughts without any proof. I also have a fast charger.  It does not seem to make a difference which I use as far as battery-charge life goes.

I would appreciate recommendations because I need another set of batteries. Thanks.

wangch32

Re: Ni-MH AA Battery Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: 21 Nov 2013, 08:18 pm »
oops sorry

SET Man

« Reply #2 on: 21 Nov 2013, 08:49 pm »
Hey!

I've been using these Sanyo XX eneloop....

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/766725-REG/Sanyo_XX_Powered_by_Eneloop.html

At 2400mah these work well as batts for my flash and they do last longer than the white Eneloop of which have less capacity. And the good part is that they do hold charge much longer of which is a good thing.

So, I now use the XX version for all my flashes and other photo relate things. I use the older white one for home use only.

As for charger, slower one is better for long term. I'm using small 4 AA charger that were sold under RipVan100 and other names. It charge in about 2-3hrs, not lowest but it is world wide voltage, of which useful when I travel to 220/240V lands.

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

Don_S

« Reply #3 on: 22 Nov 2013, 01:40 am »
Thanks Buddy,  I will try the X-rated Eneloops.  The white ones I have are only 1900mAh.  Both Sony sets I have (good and bad) are 2500mAh. Of course that rating does not really tell the whole story.

I know the higher rated ones will definitely recharge a flash faster and sometimes I find that very useful.  Just found them on Amazon and they round out my CD order for free shipping.  :thumb:

SET Man

« Reply #4 on: 22 Nov 2013, 02:16 am »
Thanks Buddy,  I will try the X-rated Eneloops.  The white ones I have are only 1900mAh.  Both Sony sets I have (good and bad) are 2500mAh. Of course that rating does not really tell the whole story.

I know the higher rated ones will definitely recharge a flash faster and sometimes I find that very useful.  Just found them on Amazon and they round out my CD order for free shipping.  :thumb:

Hey!

No problem. No they are XX rated  :lol:

Oh! Forgot to mention the downside of these, they do have a shorter charging cycle life span than the white one. But I still think they are worth it.

Maybe Sanyo will come out with the XXX rated with more charging cycle life span  :lol:

Take care,
Buddy  :thumb:

Don_S

« Reply #5 on: 22 Nov 2013, 03:12 pm »
I ordered a package of four of the Eneloop XXs from Amazon along with "Cc Coletti Bring it on Home".

I think charging cycle life spans are a big lie. I have never had a battery come close to fulfilling that promise.  Hopefully the XXs will partially make up for the shorter rating on the charging cycle life span by offering longer run times before needing to be recharged.  I think the higher mAh rating will work better in my camera especially when I use the flash.