In-wall or on-wall speakers for Home Theater WAF

grimace

In-wall or on-wall speakers for Home Theater WAF
« on: 18 Nov 2013, 03:33 am »
Danny,

I know a year or two back you mentioned you may work on a wall speaker design, any luck?  I just lost the battle with my wife for our family room and will now be moving my audio equipment to my office and just have the TV hanging on the wall.  I would very much like to mount some speakers on the wall with it. Either just a 2-channel or a center with a L/R.   TV with wall mount will stick out about 3" from the wall, so am looking for a very slim design here.  Just wanted to check in with you first.

Thanks

Danny Richie

Re: In-wall or on-wall speakers for Home Theater WAF
« Reply #1 on: 18 Nov 2013, 01:59 pm »
I have an idea for an on-wall but have never had time to test it.

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
« Reply #2 on: 19 Nov 2013, 06:07 pm »
Danny, you might want to consider putting some effort in this some day.  I basically quit trying to sell speakers a couple of years ago.  Too many times a guy would be really impressed with the SQ and my veneer work and promise to order a set, then speak to his wife who squashed the idea and insisted on in-wall and/or in-ceiling speakers.  So many women have an aversion to "speakers" intruding on their decorating space.

jparkhur

« Reply #3 on: 19 Nov 2013, 07:07 pm »
I Know... I have had similar conversations with DR about this.  Much market need for this.  I also understand it is a entirely different beast to tame and things I am sure are busy on many different fronts for GR Research.   If there were N3S in the in wall form, I would buy 7 today without issue.   

JP

grimace

« Reply #4 on: 23 Nov 2013, 08:49 pm »
I have an idea for an on-wall but have never had time to test it.

How can we help get it rolling?  Would be awesome

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
« Reply #5 on: 25 Nov 2013, 05:01 pm »
I'll cut the flats for you, Danny.  Maybe you can squeeze the project in next year.

jparkhur

« Reply #6 on: 25 Nov 2013, 05:12 pm »
The flats are available from PE and other places at a good price with in wall clamps etc.  The tough part is for Danny to find time and see how crazy the the response is from the wall.  There is lots to be done I am sure and time may be the most difficult thing to find.  I know all walls are different, depth, material etc, so this may play a role in pushing it to the bottom of the list.

JON

Danny Richie

« Reply #7 on: 25 Nov 2013, 11:35 pm »
Guys, I have some ideas that I need to test. I'll bump this up.

grimace

« Reply #8 on: 26 Nov 2013, 01:11 am »
Guys, I have some ideas that I need to test. I'll bump this up.

Yes!  :)

hansmatt

« Reply #9 on: 27 Nov 2013, 07:26 pm »
I'd be interested in some in-walls with enclosures...the WAF is high, and so is my own expectation of quality sound.