For a wet-your-pants funny movie...

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« on: 2 Aug 2004, 09:37 pm »
You gotta check out "Dodgeball:  A True Underdog Story."  OMG, this one's hilarious.  Unlike most "comedies", the trailers barely scratch the surface of the funny parts.

The SAG must've passed a law the stipulates you can't release a movie this year without Ben Stiller in the cast, but in this case that's not a bad thing.  I thought "Envy" was about a 2.5-3 (or a 7.5 in deference to AZRyan!  :lol: ) and "Starsky & Hutch" maybe a 2 of 4 (or a 5 of 10), but Stiller is dead perfect in this one.

I will warn you, though, that having a juvenille sense of humor & a love of seeing people get whacked in the balls is a plus when viewing this flick!  :jester:

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #1 on: 2 Aug 2004, 09:39 pm »
BTW, the cameos in this one are priceless! :lol:

Ears

« Reply #2 on: 3 Aug 2004, 12:50 am »
Quote from: Rob Babcock
BTW, the cameos in this one are priceless! :lol:

I had a hard time paying attention to the movie, I kept looking at Stillers wife and seeing Marcia Brady  :lol:

Although the movie was ok, I liked stiller much better in Something about Mary and Meet the Parents than when he plays a goofy charector  like in  this flick or Zoolander.

dyfromhawaii

« Reply #3 on: 3 Aug 2004, 04:00 am »
don't forget to stay til the very end...we saw it the 2nd night it was released, and of the more than 3/4s full theatre, only about 4 persons (3 of us) and another customer stayed til the end and saw the funny tidbit...

bubba966

« Reply #4 on: 3 Aug 2004, 07:48 pm »
Saw the title and thought you were going to be talking about Harold & Kumar, not Dodgeball.

Haven't seen Dodgeball yet. But I keep hearing good things about it. Unfortunately I'm sure I've missed being able to catch it with a huge audience (the only way to see comedies). :(

Fortunately, I did catch Harold & Kumar in a packed theater. I've not heard laughing like that in quite some time. Was definitely funnier than I thought it was going to be.

Quote from: dyfromhawaii
don't forget to stay til the very end...we saw it the 2nd night it was released, and of the more than 3/4s full theatre, only about 4 persons (3 of us) and another customer stayed til the end and saw the funny tidbit...

Never leave until the movie is absolutely over. Especially when watching a comedy. You never know what you're going to miss...