FS: Tube Audio Lab VT-25/Y10 Single Ended Triode Stereo Amplifier $1300 obo

tubeaudiolab

• Industry Participant
Asking Price: $1300 + S&H obo
Edit: I am now including in the sale a pair of used, but tested good Sylvania 6SN7s and a Chatham 5R4 (the brown base with square top seen in the pictures). The winning bidder just have to separately purchase a pair of 10Ys. I have seen a matching pair of 10Ys going for $140 - $300.

I have for sale a freshly built single ended VT-25/10Y amplifier with the following features:

- Inspired by Sun Audio VT-25 SET amp
- Tube complement: 2x 6SN7s, 2x VT-25/10Y, 1x 5R4
- Custom wound Electra-Print 10K:8 ohms output transformers
- Rectification by 5R4 (potato masher). Compatible with other rectifiers like 5U4, 5Y4, 274B, etc.
- 272FX Hammond power transformer and 193D 8 hy choke
- Mundorf Supreme 0.22 mfd/630vdc coupling caps
- Allen Bradley carbon composition resistors
- 1.5 watts in Class A per channel, directly heated single ended, no NFB
- 100% point-to-point wired
- 100K ALPS volume control
- Sprague Atoms bypass capacitors
- DC heated VT-25s for silent operation

The sonic signature is not too distant from that of the 45, except I personally find that this amp sounds a bit more crisp, delicate in high frequencies, and voices are more focused and balanced. Those that are familiar with the sound of the VT-25/10Y would know what I am talking about. If you own high efficiency speakers (97 dB/W/m), this amp must just be the ticket to your audio nirvana.

Check out more pictures on my website, http://www.tubeaudiolab.com/id229.html, for high res pictures of the amp.

Please add 3% to cover the paypal transaction fee. I can accept personal checks. I will consider shipping the amp worldwide. Please contact me for the shipping quote.

Thank you,

Min

« Last Edit: 8 Nov 2013, 11:19 pm by tubeaudiolab »

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
One of the nicest P-P wiring jobs I've seen on a tube amp.  Well done!   :thumb:

tubeaudiolab

• Industry Participant
Thank you!!!  :D
Min

Whitese

Min does first rate work. I owned one of his amps, preamps, and he rebuilt a Pilot preamp for me. Anyone would love this amp.

tubeaudiolab

• Industry Participant
I remember that Pilot amp! That was a good one. Could you remind me what other amps I built for you? Sorry, its hard for me to keep track and it is not getting any easier the more I build.  :D

Thanks for the kind words!

Min

tubeaudiolab

• Industry Participant
Price reduction! I will sell this amp for $1400 + S&H with all tubes including 2x used but tested strong Sylvania 6SN7s, 1x Chatham 5R4, and 2x matched pair of Sylvania VT-25s with thiorated filaments.

Min