Custom Tube Amps by Tube Audio Lab

tubeaudiolab

• Industry Participant
Custom Tube Amps by Tube Audio Lab
« on: 23 Oct 2013, 12:12 am »
Hi All,
I am currently taking November orders for custom power amplifiers. I am undertaking projects starting at $1,200 for the following popular models:
- WE91A-2A3 stereo/monoblocks
- WE91A-300B Stereo/monoblocks
- Korneff 45 Stereo Clone
- 2A3 SET Stereo inspired by the Sun Audio SV-2A3 circuit
- VT-25 SET Stereo inspired by the Sun Audio VT-25 circuit
- 807 SE Stereo (triode/UL mode)
- Various JE Labs SET amps
Please check out my builds on my website, www.tubeaudiolab.com. Please feel free to ask me any questions you might have.
Thank you,
Min at Tube Audio Lab

P.S. I will be posting some of the amps that I have been building to sale here, so if you have any questions about them please feel free to contact me.

« Last Edit: 23 Oct 2013, 03:56 am by tubeaudiolab »

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
Re: Custom Tube Amps by Tube Audio Lab
« Reply #1 on: 23 Oct 2013, 11:46 am »
Wow! An industry ad.

Best,
Anand.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #2 on: 23 Oct 2013, 02:41 pm »
So Win, you're rolling around my old central NY stomping grounds.  I recognized that 315 area code immediately.

So where are your 250 watt monoblock offerings?

tubeaudiolab

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 24 Oct 2013, 11:50 am »
If you add up the outputs from all of the amps that I made so far, you may get 250 watts. So there you go.  :wink:
Min

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: 24 Oct 2013, 12:13 pm »
If you add up the outputs from all of the amps that I made so far, you may get 250 watts. So there you go.  ;)
Min
:lol:

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #6 on: 27 Oct 2013, 04:33 pm »
Looking great priced very fairly. Best of Luck.  Which amp would you recco for 104db Klipsh horns ?

charles

tubeaudiolab

• Industry Participant
« Reply #7 on: 31 Oct 2013, 07:29 pm »
Looking great priced very fairly. Best of Luck.  Which amp would you recco for 104db Klipsh horns ?

charles

Charles,

Given the efficiency of your K-horns, I would probably recommend any of my 45 SET amps, particularly the Korneff 45 clone. It a beautifully sounding amp and deceptively powerful in spite of the 2 wpc power output. The VT-25/10Y that I currently have for sale would also work great with your K-horns. Let me know if you have any specific questions on those amps.

Best,

Min

rjbond3rd

« Reply #8 on: 5 Nov 2013, 05:46 pm »
Greetings, Min.  Could you say more about the little amp in the fifth photo from the top, on the right-hand side, with the black chassis?  Thank you in advance.

tubeaudiolab

• Industry Participant
« Reply #9 on: 5 Nov 2013, 06:57 pm »
Greetings, Min.  Could you say more about the little amp in the fifth photo from the top, on the right-hand side, with the black chassis?  Thank you in advance.

Greetings to you too! If you're referring to the amp in the link below, the black chassis is an outboard power supply unit for the preamp driver chassis right next to it. It is based on the JE Labs Full Function preamp circuit.

http://www.tubeaudiolab.com/id207.html

rjbond3rd

« Reply #10 on: 5 Nov 2013, 07:37 pm »
Hi Min,

Aha, oh that's great.  Thank you.   Wow, incredibly beautiful stuff on your web site.  By any chance, do you have a tiny stereo SET integrated using just one tube per channel?  I didn't see one on your website (probably because it's not a common request).  Thank you in advance.

tubeaudiolab

• Industry Participant
« Reply #11 on: 5 Nov 2013, 07:50 pm »
By any chance, do you have a tiny stereo SET integrated using just one tube per channel?  I didn't see one on your website (probably because it's not a common request).

Thank you! I actually build a tiny stereo that fits your description. It's the famous 1626 Darling SET amp (originally conceived Bob Danielak) as seen below. Although not lately, I built about a dozen of them a while ago:

http://www.tubeaudiolab.com/id78.html

At 0.75 watts per channel (don't let this fool you, it's pretty LOUD), it make a pretty decent headphone amp too. Send me a PM if you need more detail.

Best,

Min