Best at RMAF (again)

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.

Kinger

Re: Best at RMAF (again)
« Reply #1 on: 15 Oct 2013, 11:03 am »
Does anyone happen to have a price listing for this room minus the furniture/TT and phonostage? (Which I realize is not available yet.)  The speakers shown are not the Loreleis correct?

TJHUB

« Reply #2 on: 15 Oct 2013, 11:36 am »
Does anyone happen to have a price listing for this room minus the furniture/TT and phonostage? (Which I realize is not available yet.)  The speakers shown are not the Loreleis correct?

Klaus listed everything in "the best of" thread.

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
« Reply #3 on: 15 Oct 2013, 01:02 pm »
Congratulatons, Klaus! :thumb:

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #4 on: 15 Oct 2013, 03:41 pm »
Congrats Odyssey and GIK!

Amazing sound and value, definitely one of the best at RMAF.   :thumb:

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #5 on: 15 Oct 2013, 04:53 pm »
I plan on writing a short RMAF summary of my thoughts and impressions, but suffice it to say that Klaus's $6900 setup was not only the budget room of the year (by over an order of magnitude), but in my mind finished in my top three sounding rooms of RMAF (which included Wilson's $500k room...first time I could even stand Wilson... and TAD's $200k room...a perennial favorite).  And Klaus and family (also met wife and son at dinner) are the real deal..honest, opinionated and no BS....except for Klaus's BS of course.    :)   :)

Phil A

« Reply #6 on: 15 Oct 2013, 06:43 pm »
Klaus - congrats :thumb:

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #7 on: 15 Oct 2013, 07:22 pm »
Ted, I agree it gets hard to justify spending much more than a few grand after hearing Odyssey. While I don't think they are in the same league as TAD, neither is anyone else.  :icon_lol:  The value you get from Odyssey is off the charts and unless you have a lot of disposable income it would be hard to look elsewhere.

Phil A

« Reply #8 on: 15 Oct 2013, 08:22 pm »
I concur with the above.  At the Capital Audiofest, I bought the demo Candela preamp for a secondary system.  It is insanely good at its price point.  I also ordered a rack for the main system.

golfugh

• Dead Can Dance - Into the Labyrinth
« Reply #9 on: 15 Oct 2013, 08:43 pm »
Klaus congrats again!