Marten Bird 2 (Incoming!)

shaizada

Marten Bird 2 (Incoming!)
« on: 11 Oct 2013, 05:56 am »
After a lengthy decision making process with the wife, I have bought the Marten Design Bird 2 speakers. I am very excited and just wanted to share that excitement with you guys.

I've been listening to a full EAR 890 / Marten Bird 1 setup for a long time (through local Audio Society members) and lusting after this sound. I have gone to numerous audio shows, listening to numerous systems in homes and at dealers and finally, I feel I am at peace with my decision. Picked the gloss piano cherry finish. Based on my findings, I picked a set of Bird 2 sight unseen and sound unheard.  Though I did hear the Marten Coltrane Tenor's and Coltrane 1's

This is a long term speaker commitment (10 to 15 years) so I was evaluating very carefully and didn't want into rush into anything. Well, the opportunity presented itself and I'm going for it. Upstream components are all EAR (EAR 890 Amplifier, EAR 868 Preamplier, EAR 324 Phonostage, EAR DACute).

With a huge dent in the wallet and a mile wide smile, I have made this move. Thanks for reading folks!  Speakers will most likely arrive this coming weekend.

Marten - Heritage Bird 2

arthurs

Re: Marten Bird 2 (Incoming!)
« Reply #1 on: 11 Oct 2013, 02:11 pm »
Congrats!  Man are you going to be happy with this setup, the Bird is an awesome speaker....

Russtafarian

• Typical reaction to the music I play
« Reply #2 on: 11 Oct 2013, 05:00 pm »
I'm waiting for your invitation text.

Russ

shaizada

« Reply #3 on: 11 Oct 2013, 06:27 pm »
:) 

Thanks Arthur!  I settled after a lengthy evaluation so hoping for the best.

Russ,
Would you like to hear the Omega setup first or the final setup? 

Tomorrow, the Marten Birds will be in.  If you like, you can come by tomorrow at 11:00am.  We can have a listen with the Omega's before the speakers are changed out.  If its ok, we can probably use your help in getting the speakers upstairs.  Going to be breaking them in the audio room upstairs and then move them down into the living room to let them breathe better.  Will move the system down there ultimately I think.

The Omega's will probably end up on with a restored Fisher 500B I have.  The Bird 2 will be with the EAR setup.

Russtafarian

• Typical reaction to the music I play
« Reply #4 on: 11 Oct 2013, 06:39 pm »
I'll be there around 11am.  Text me your address.  See you then.

shaizada

« Reply #5 on: 11 Oct 2013, 07:40 pm »
Address sent Russ. See u tomorrow  :banana piano: :banana piano:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #6 on: 12 Oct 2013, 04:35 am »
Good speakers....enjoy!  :beer:

shaizada

« Reply #7 on: 12 Oct 2013, 05:34 am »
Good speakers....enjoy!  :beer:

Thank you! It's going to be a long night... :thumb:

shaizada

Pictures!
« Reply #8 on: 13 Oct 2013, 08:24 am »
The setup before:

My 20 month daughter old busting out the Air Guitar in the listening chair earlier in the day before the speakers arrived.

Hmmmmm, how does this go in again?

You handsome devil you!

Initial positioning

Dan Meinwald seems PRETTY happy!  Thanks Dan...you are such a gentleman.

From the listening seat...just soaking it all in.  It's a huge change in the system...just need to get my head wrapped around what just happened here.  Looking forward to breaking in the speakers.  Thank you for joining in Russ! It was great fun having you over.