Help me decide what speaker to build / X-LS Encore build

NeilT

Re: Help me decide what speaker to build / X-LS Encore build
« Reply #20 on: 6 Nov 2013, 02:38 pm »
If anybody is interested in a comparison between the XL-S Encore, stock version, and my OB7's, here it is.

I hate to say this, might sound negative, but, "for the money", the XL-S is an awesome speaker.
Great dynamics, I was pleasantly surprised by the bass response.

I could be very happy with them in my system, but, "this is a big but", I have been spoiled by the OB7's.

After hearing a great OB speaker with the neo tweeter, I am hooked.
Again, "not to be negative about the XL-S", they really made me appreciate what I have.

If anyone is looking for a great deal on an incredible box speaker, run don't walk and buy an XL-S Encore kit.

Thanks again to everyone for the great feedback and advise.
I am sure that my brother will be thrilled when he sees and hears these great little speakers.

Neil

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #21 on: 6 Nov 2013, 05:02 pm »
Neil,

I know what you mean. While I haven't been spoiled by OB (at least not yet anyway), I do have a pair of N1X's with the Neo3 tweeter whose sound I like better than the X-LS Encore. However, that does not mean the Encore's are a slouch in any way.  The Encore's out preform the $850 speakers I currently have in my living room.

While a lot of speakers get tagged with the comment "for the money they are hard to beat" for the X-LS Encores that needs to be "for the money these cannot be beat". 

Mike

NeilT

« Reply #22 on: 6 Nov 2013, 06:50 pm »
Neil,

I know what you mean. While I haven't been spoiled by OB (at least not yet anyway), I do have a pair of N1X's with the Neo3 tweeter whose sound I like better than the X-LS Encore. However, that does not mean the Encore's are a slouch in any way.  The Encore's out preform the $850 speakers I currently have in my living room.

While a lot of speakers get tagged with the comment "for the money they are hard to beat" for the X-LS Encores that needs to be "for the money these cannot be beat". 

Mike

Well said.