VR 33's New Owner

chasr

VR 33's New Owner
« on: 10 Oct 2013, 12:24 am »
Hello, this is my first post, I have recieved my VR 33's a couple of weeks ago and I have to say hats off to the Von Schweikert team!
Beautiful speakers, the pictures don't do them justice. And they just sound better everyday I play them.
I run them with a Wyred4Sound pre and 1000 power amp. And I currently have a BAT VK3i and CJ Classic 60 driving them.
Great, well balanced and musical.

Thanks again and keep up the great work!

Delacroix

Re: VR 33's New Owner
« Reply #1 on: 10 Oct 2013, 01:57 pm »
Welcome to the Von S circle, Chasr.

Glad to have new owners on board. Keep us posted as your system evolves. And of course, everyone loves to see pictures!

Best

Patrick

ASMAN

« Reply #2 on: 10 Oct 2013, 05:36 pm »
Until about 500 hrs you have yet to hear what they will do.
I was amazed at the difference when properly broken in.
You only have good things to look forward to!
Welcome to the fold and enjoy, you have made a wise choice.

rich58b

« Reply #3 on: 10 Oct 2013, 09:11 pm »
As asman says, you have good things to look forward to. I was surprised at how much mine improved over time. Don't be afraid to move them around to find the best distance from the rear wall. It will pay off in spades!

BigSwede

« Reply #4 on: 10 Oct 2013, 10:00 pm »
Yeah, what they said.

I settled on 9" from the wall, but YMMV.

chasr

« Reply #5 on: 12 Oct 2013, 02:04 am »
thanks for the welcome. I've been playing FM through the speakers while i sleep and go to work.
I never believed in break in time until my Maggie 1.6's - which had good bass - all of a sudden had 'great bass'.
I was stunned at the change, so I'm enjoying these guys thoroughly and can't imagine what they'll sound like after 500 hours.
I haven't even fooled with placement yet.
I have them in front of my equipment rack and 2 book cases.
I'll post some pictures soon!

Whitestix

« Reply #6 on: 28 Oct 2013, 12:31 am »
I got a pair of VR-22's this summer after hearing them at several audio shows. I needed speakers that performed well very near the back wall and these speakers fit the bill.  I am blown away with them, they are so musical.  They sounded just okay out of the box, but after a 100 hours, they just started to bloom.  After 500 hours, they sound even more enticing.  I always have "upgraditis" and the VR-33's would absolutely be the first on my list if I go there.  My VR-22's absolutely love tube amplification.  There is nobody with more knowledge and integrity in the audio business than Albert Von Sweikert, in my humble opinion.  Happy listening with your new speakers.
Mark White