RM40's On AudioGon

StevenACNJ

RM40's On AudioGon
« on: 30 Jul 2004, 08:00 pm »
Nice pair of RM40's, TRT caps, FST tweets for sale on AudioGon - Good price.

Not mine just passing info along.

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrfull&1096220740

JoshK

RM40's On AudioGon
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jul 2004, 08:28 pm »
I had half a mind to buy his and sell mine.  He is close by.  Anyone wants my RM40's in the local area contact me.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
RM40's On AudioGon
« Reply #2 on: 1 Aug 2004, 05:19 pm »
Quote from: JoshK
I had half a mind to buy his and sell mine.  He is close by.  Anyone wants my RM40's in the local area contact me.

Josh,

How about you buy mine instead?

I would love to get a pair in the Ebony finish.

George

JoshK

RM40's On AudioGon
« Reply #3 on: 1 Aug 2004, 07:37 pm »
Well I would have to find a buyer for mine first.  I'll probably keep mine and upgrade them myself rather than take a bath on the price of exchanging them.

No offense, but I really don't care for the cherry flambe finish.  I really don't like reddish wood finishes.  My cherry finish was natural cherry and they aren't red.  My wife and I's decor wouldn't match any reddish finished wood.  

It wasn't the finish that made me interested in his speakers though.  It was all the options added already.  I would have opted for them way back when I bought my speakers but they didn't exist then.  I intend to upgrade mine but the wife has really been quite unbending about me waiting till all the home stuff is done.

John Casler

RM40's On AudioGon
« Reply #4 on: 1 Aug 2004, 08:52 pm »
Funny little story:

Ekant, (the seller)

Is a great guy.    He originally purchased the 626Rs because he didn't think his wife would like the look or sound of speakers in the house and so he relegated the 626Rs to a smallish secondary room.

Turns out, she like them so much, that she gave permision to move them to the main Living Room and both felt them too small.

RM40s to the rescue :lol:   Seems to me they were a Birch pair or some lighter wood.

Sorry to see him have to sell them.