First post on Audiocircle, hope this lands in the right place. I am looking to upgrade from a M2Tech hiface to another converter. I use Pure Music on Mac Mini to Hiface to Bryston BDA-1 DAC. I have redbook CDs as AIFF files. The offramp 5 would be my choice but out of budget. Looking for recommendations, thoughts. Thanks in advance.
A few distinctions with the Off-Ramp 5:
1) independent custom Hynes regulators on each circuit delivers lowest jitter
2) separate power supply from the USB cable power
3) true 75 ohm S/PDIF output
4) Silver-plated multi-layer circuit boards for lowest crosstalk and skin effect
5) low-jitter Turboclock custom clock
With the new Dynamo power supply, it is unchallenged in the marketplace IMO
Even the stock OR5 with the S/PDIF Hynes upgrade is wonderful.