FYI!! Parts Express SALE on Jasper Jig ends 7/30@5pm

JoshK

FYI!!  Parts Express SALE on Jasper Jig ends 7/30@5pm

mgalusha

« Reply #1 on: 30 Jul 2004, 04:54 pm »
I almost bought a pair of them from PE until I can across this:

I received one of these last week and it's a very nice tool. The cost is the same as what PE is selling the two Jasper Jigs for and will cut any size hole from 2" to 19". In addition you get a very nice router fence and the baseplate accepts standard Porter-Cable guide bushings. At the current time they are offering the plate custom drilled for your router.

Note: I am not associated with these guys, just a happy customer.  A very well made product that is very versitile

http://www.practical-technologies.com/

F-100

« Reply #2 on: 30 Jul 2004, 05:13 pm »
Wow!! This thing looks very solid and robust. It makes the Jasper jig look like a "Girlie" tool :).

Christof

« Reply #3 on: 30 Jul 2004, 05:38 pm »
F-100 check this one out:

For those that don't want to sink $500 into a circle jig, the Jaspers Josh mentioned at PE are a steal.

c.

mgalusha

« Reply #4 on: 30 Jul 2004, 07:23 pm »
Christof that is one mighty serious circle jig. 'course at $500 it outta be. :o  :thumb: Since you are in the business, is this what you use?

So far I'm really happy with the one from Practical Technologies. I'd rather have an aluminum and steel jig for my $50 than the plastic Jasper Jig (which I like BTW, not trying to put them down). Something about the feel of anodized metal vs plastic.   8)

Christof

« Reply #5 on: 31 Jul 2004, 02:08 pm »
Magalush
I use it (without the expensive vacuum clamp) for large diameter routing but I use the small Jasper Jig for holes less than 6".  I agree that plastic seems cheap but but one thing to keep in mind is scratching the surface of a your finished piece.  I often hit the edge of my jasper jig with 220 grit to remove any burs.

take care
c.