$OLD "Reset Button" Sale - (David) Belles Ref 150a v2 Power-Amp Black

Flac2Dac

So...what's a "reset button" sale? That's right; EVERYTHING in this picture is for sale! The...

SOLD- PS Audio PerfectWave mkII DAC w/Bridge (http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=120199.0)
SOLD- VTL 2.5 pre-amp (http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=120200.0)
- PMC FB1i speaker
(http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=120203.0)

But this ad, is for the Belles Ref 150a v2 power-amp.

To me...audiophile is a verb. I don't ever assume good is good enough. So...I've spent the last several years, trying various DACs, pre-amps, and power-amps; in search of the best system, I could possible assemble...at this budget.

So why sell? Did I mention audiophile was a verb...lol. No; with an impending move, I've taken on the challenge of down-sizing. Just don't want to drag all this kit, cross-country; so I'm going to move to something smaller and simpler...until I settle in to my new digs (and no, it's not the NuForce DDA-100...lol. That was in my Office rig, and was just for fun)

As they say...my loss is your gain; and I dare say any and all of this kit, would serve you well. I'll just paint some broad strokes on each piece here; but if you have any additional questions, about a particular piece(s)...just drop me a line. I don't mind talking a little shop one bit.

As for the Belles Ref 150a v2...it's the best "all-around" power-amp, for the money; I've ever had. I ought to know...I've owned this amp 3 times, lol!

I will say this about the Belles; no bullsh*t. It doesn't have much sound of it's own. Now, some guys...that's exactly what they want from a power-amp. Early on, I wasn't sure. So I tried it...liked it very much; but as I said above...I'm always searching. So I tried models from Audio Research, BAT, Conrad Johnson (my very own ABC of audio); even class-D from the like of PS Audio and Wyred4Sound.

As I experimented with different DACs, and especially (tubed) pre-amps; I realized I too...wanted a power-amp, that had plenty of juice...was easy on the ears (not too strident), and just mostly got out of the way. So...back to the Ref 150a v2, I went; and went...lol.

I've had a variety of speakers in my system; ALL the Dynaudio stand-mounts (and yes, that includes the Special 25), PMC, Spendor, Harbeth. The Belles mated with ALL of them...because again; it adds little to no coloration of its own. Now...that's not to say it sounds boring, at all. I know some guys don't go for such notions (as power-amps having any sonic signature of their own); but I always found the Ref 150a v2, to be just this side of warm (as opposed to perfectly neutral or cool)...and very musical.

David isn't mainstream (and I think he likes it that way...lol); but his gear is known among audiophile circles. Bang-for-the-buck, and "giant killer"...are phrases that get tossed around a lot, among audio enthusiasts; but that's truly how I feel about David's gear (especially the amps). This unit is rated, a very conservative...IMO...125/250 wpc. Note the all-important doubling-down of power, as you move from an 8ohm load to a 4; I'm no electrical engineer, but I know that indicates a stout power-supply, and high current. Few amps, in this price-range...can claim 125/250; but I'll bet almost none can claim this: switch it to mono, and you don't get watered-down stats; it doubles-down again, to 500 BIG watts-per-channel, into 8ohms! (and I think I read once, it musters just under a kilo-watt...mono, into 4ohms. That's unheard of at this price-point, AFAIC).

If you're at all familiar with this model...mine might look a little different to you. The latest builds, have the re-designed face-plate. I actually like it, much better; and hopefully you do too. But the point is...this is a very recently manufactured example.

8/10 (for second ownership only; and that's conservative. Not a mark on it, so I could probably go 9/10...but I'd rather under-promise, and over-deliver than the other way around). $1300
« Last Edit: 3 Nov 2013, 02:52 am by Flac2Dac »

Flac2Dac

Flac2Dac

Flac2Dac