Interesting Collection - 40 of the Most Powerful Photographs Ever Taken

bside123

Here's a very interesting and provocative set of photos that I've come across. Some of them are famous. All of them are poignant, and overall, there seems to be quite a theme: "War," in some fashion or another. Although, all of the photos are brilliantly moving, it's quite a claim to label the collection, "40 of the Most Powerful Photographs Ever Taken." Nonetheless, there's some really great shots in this collection, and it is definitely worth looking.

http://www.themysteryworld.com/2012/06/40-of-most-powerful-photographs-ever.html

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum
Thanks for sharing this....some of those brought back some great and painful memories..

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
The Chinese thank man are a shocking image, a document from this era, most other photos are special only to US citizens.

munosmario

The Chinese thank man are a shocking image, a document from this era, most other photos are special only to US citizens.

Really? This impactful collection covers events in many continents and countries, over the last 70+ years, and  transcends nationality...of course, how you fill about it is your privilege, nonetheless, your comment makes it appear that when it is about appreciating the drama of current world affairs and modern history you are a rather narrow-range-man :scratch:

Guy 13

Hi all Audio Circle members.
I like the pictures showing extreme emotions,
regardless of the country...
Maybe I am too sensitive ?

Guy 13

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
  • Machining and Audio What A Great Match!
Thanks for posting this.

Best,
Matt

HAITIMAN

Huh?

JRace

• Greetings one and Everyone!
Did you read a different artice?
Many were special and significant not non- north americans.

audiogoober

Here's a very interesting and provocative set of photos that I've come across. Some of them are famous. All of them are poignant, and overall, there seems to be quite a theme: "War," in some fashion or another. Although, all of the photos are brilliantly moving, it's quite a claim to label the collection, "40 of the Most Powerful Photographs Ever Taken." Nonetheless, there's some really great shots in this collection, and it is definitely worth looking.

http://www.themysteryworld.com/2012/06/40-of-most-powerful-photographs-ever.html

Thank You as well for posting this.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
The scars of war, devastation of natural disasters, and loss of loved ones only mean something to Americans?
That's the stup......

Nevermind.  :duh:

Excellent photographs, thank you very much for the link.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Sorry guys, I thought one thing and wrote another.
What I should have writen was:
Most significants photos to US are absent from this list, as these:

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer

Most significant photos to US are absent from this list, as these:

Sooo.....The five most significant photos for Americans (in your eyes) are four images about the annihilation of two Japanese cities and one of a sex symbol hanging her tits in the wind and a comment about her having the right shoes?

You must think very highly of us.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
Sooo.....The five most significant photos for Americans (in your eyes) are four images about the annihilation of two Japanese cities and one of a sex symbol hanging her tits in the wind and a comment about her having the right shoes?

You must think very highly of us.
Sorry about the shoes ad, it is a web photo.
US wars aside these photos are important due report global actions from the gov.
As most latin people I like USA country and its nice people.

thunderbrick

• Facilitator
  • I'm just not right!
Guys, the thread is about 40 OF the most powerful photographs ever taken, not THE 40 most powerful pix, so simmer down!

Powerful, shocking, joyful, historical value or bizarre is a matter of perspective, and that comes from our individual cultures and backgrounds.  Post additional powerful photos if you like, but post them on each image's merits, not as an insult to each other's background.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
Thanks, but I think I'll go make a thread in the food section. There's one area we can all agree on.  :thumb:

rklein

• My finest audio piece ever!!
Thanks for the link.

If any of you find yourself in Washington DC, make sure you visit the Newseum.  Great exhibits and in particular they have a section devoted to all of the pictures that won the Pulitzer Prize.  It brought tears to my eyes.  Very powerful!

http://www.newseum.org/exhibits-and-theaters/permanent-exhibits/pulitzer/index.html

Regards,

Randy