Rythmic sub plate amps blown on V's?

MichaelHiFi

Rythmic sub plate amps blown on V's?
« on: 20 Sep 2013, 02:06 am »
So I played with another system but upon returning to the Super V's the subs went to full output. Even now disconnected except power cord and connection to sub is full output. It's ugly. Would love to know how this happened?

Danny Richie

Re: Rythmic sub plate amps blown on V's?
« Reply #1 on: 20 Sep 2013, 01:27 pm »
Better contact Rythmik Audio on that one.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #2 on: 20 Sep 2013, 02:09 pm »
So I played with another system but upon returning to the Super V's the subs went to full output. Even now disconnected except power cord and connection to sub is full output. It's ugly. Would love to know how this happened?
All right Michael - what did you do???  :o

MichaelHiFi

« Reply #3 on: 20 Sep 2013, 03:46 pm »
As it turns out, while watching football a light came on. Maybe, just maybe I had somehow wired the amps differently thereby sending DC to the woofers which would explain the all out assault of noise. So I swapped amps left to right and the noise was gone.   :duh:  I still couldn't get my system off the ground but I had to finish watching Alex not let his receivers make plays.

Having the Oppo BDP 105 in my system along with the NAD M51 and the Anti-Mode 2.0, the combinations are vast. Much testing ahead.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #4 on: 20 Sep 2013, 04:37 pm »
As it turns out, while watching football a light came on. Maybe, just maybe I had somehow wired the amps differently thereby sending DC to the woofers which would explain the all out assault of noise. So I swapped amps left to right and the noise was gone.   :duh:  I still couldn't get my system off the ground but I had to finish watching Alex not let his receivers make plays.

Having the Oppo BDP 105 in my system along with the NAD M51 and the Anti-Mode 2.0, the combinations are vast. Much testing ahead.
I thought maybe you blew them up while attempting to find The Brown Note.  :green:
Are you going to have the Oppo modded, or has that already happened? (looking for input - thinking of getting a modded one myself - should jump on that last SHOW special, but it doesn't look promising  :cry:)
How is the Anti-Mode working? Could take that Super V bass up to the truly phenomenal level.
I understand about experimenting/changing things up. Stumbled on a combo myself just a couple of days ago that has changed everything - must continue and refine. I may finally be completely happy about speakers  :rock: :dance: :bounce:

Hey - Chiefs 3-0. Just win baby! (ball control, no turnovers)