Any George Harrison fans?

Digi-G

« on: 28 Jul 2004, 04:37 pm »
I recently went into my local CD shop on my lunch hour to kill some time.  No intention of buying anything really.  I stumbled across the section for George Harrison and was amazed that they had one new copy of every solo album/cd he has ever done.  Every one - maybe with the exception of Wonderwall and Electronic Music.  Obviously these are new remastered issues.  

Anyway, I picked up 33-1/3 (always one of my favs on LP and I haven't heard it in years) and was quite surprised by how good (sonically) it sounded.  The music was even better than I remembered.  

Just sharing a recent enjoyable CD purchase...

Eric

« Reply #1 on: 28 Jul 2004, 05:09 pm »
I love 33 1/3. Some of his stuff got a little preachy. But overall, I always enjoyed his music

Carlman

« Reply #2 on: 28 Jul 2004, 05:40 pm »
My wife is a big fan of his.  I like a few of his songs... likely the popular ones... but, it's good to know there's some re-releases.

I wonder if they'll release the remastered version of 33 1/3 on LP?  Seems like a good idea for some reason. ;)

If they do, that'll make my hifi hobby/addiction seem a little more worthwhile to her as well!  

-C

mcrespo71

« Reply #3 on: 28 Jul 2004, 05:46 pm »
I really like George.  I think his solo stuff is really underrated.  My favorite is All Things Must Pass, which is my second favorite solo Beatle album behind John Lennon Plastic Ono Band.

Michael

ABEX

« Reply #4 on: 28 Jul 2004, 08:42 pm »
I have a lot of his stuff and wonder what some of his rare LP's are worth now.

Extra Texture
Material World
All Things Must Pass

All those had good stuff on them I thought! I was just looking at my vinyl and I have almost his whole collection on vinyl, the originals copies.

Woodsea

« Reply #5 on: 29 Jul 2004, 02:51 am »
Peace Man :!:
I was born in  '65 and my fav' album growing up was Abbey Road.  George Harrison was the bass of the back bone of the rock n roll lumbar spine.  
'While my guitar gently weeps'

Digi-G

« Reply #6 on: 29 Jul 2004, 02:44 pm »
Your favorite album growing up was Abbey Road?!?  Cool.  That's one of my favorites NOW.  When I was growing up I was more a fan of the Archies (Sugar Sugar) and the 1910 Fruitgum Company.   :oops:   But I started to see the light when I was 12 or 13 and became a big Beatles fan.  Got the White Album for my 13th birthday.  Abbey Road for 14th.  Hooked ever since...

Horizons

• Restricted
« Reply #7 on: 29 Jul 2004, 04:26 pm »
I don't know why but most of Harrison's back catalog has been out of print for a while. Very recently, the released remasters of everything he has ever done.

Dying to get 33 1/3, a great pop CD. All Things Must Pass remaster has been out for a year or so, anyone comment on the sonics?