Alternate "Cave" System Taking Shape

FireGuy

Alternate "Cave" System Taking Shape
« on: 14 Sep 2013, 01:25 am »
Some final pieces of a very delicate and detailed sounding 2-Channel set up.  I got this room from my younger son when he left last October.  Initial amp was a vintage Pioneer SX-850 that (tearfully) has a major issue with powering up and is now up for repair.  So, not being able to exist with no music I went ahead a got a Denon AVR-1610 refirb direct from Denon.  I already have their AVR-1906 which has performed very well over the past six years and therefore going with them again was easy.  Adding to the Denon is a pair of Axiom M2V3's.  I also own their M22V3 and M3ti so this too another easy decision; their level of detail, image specificity and transparency is astounding for the price.    Secured theM2's on Axiom's auction site.  Real wood cheery veneer; $220.  These share the same tweeter design as their higher end stuff and perform well beyond their price tag.  Today I added a factory refirb sub, Boston Acoustics ASW250.  Got some tweeking to do on this unit over the weekend but initial listening notes is that its blends exceptionally well with the M2's.  Fills that bottom end with aplomb. 

Here's where I stand:  B-Stock Axiom M2V3 via auction:  $220.  Denon factory refirb AVR:  $199.  Boston ASW250 refirb:  $167.    $586 total.  That is cheap and cheerful IMO.  Especially Cheerful.

That diagonal line is the from the roof edge. 

milford3

Re: Alternate "Cave" System Taking Shape
« Reply #1 on: 14 Sep 2013, 01:37 am »
The Axiom M2's are amazing. Good luck with the new Boston sub and the new AVR.  New equipment is so fun.

FireGuy

« Reply #2 on: 14 Sep 2013, 01:45 am »
Milford3:  I so pleased with this system...there are times I don't bother go to my HT room with the M22's, BluRay and Outlaw sub.  I'm finding the Boston is very similar to Aperion's 8D.  That's good praise.

milford3

« Reply #3 on: 14 Sep 2013, 01:55 am »
Fire Guy.,  My Aperion 8d hooked-up is tomorrow.  Enjoy your second system.  It's fun.