DIY builds

Mr. Oczka

• Audiophile in training
DIY builds
« on: 7 Sep 2013, 04:17 am »
Just curious, has anyone tried any diy speaker builds with Louis's new drivers? If so, I would love to see pictures of your builds.  I am especially interested in the 7F and 7A speakers but have no experience or expertise designing a speaker box to fit their specs.  Are there any existing plans out there that can be used?  Thanks guys,  Tom

rajesh

• Live & Let Live
Re: DIY builds
« Reply #1 on: 7 Sep 2013, 06:45 pm »
What a coincidence :o

I just checked out the Omega site and reached this circle with the very same query. :)

Louis O

« Reply #2 on: 7 Sep 2013, 10:47 pm »
Hi Mr. Oczka and rajesh,

Many thanks for your posts and the DIY drivers are a very new addition to the Omega family.

They just became available after a very long time in R and D and my decision to offer drivers DIY.

I will be offering plans that are easy to build. All the drivers are very versatile in cabinet volumes. The 7's are great in volumes as low as 25 liters. The 5's are great starting at 8 liters.

They will also sound great in horns.

My drivers excel in sound, value and build.

Thanks again,
Louis

Mr. Oczka

• Audiophile in training
« Reply #3 on: 8 Sep 2013, 12:48 pm »
Cool!  I look forward to it!

Thanks,

Tom

rajesh

• Live & Let Live
« Reply #4 on: 8 Sep 2013, 03:18 pm »
They just became available after a very long time in R and D and my decision to offer drivers DIY.

Thank you for the prompt response Louis and that is indeed great news.

I will be offering plans that are easy to build. All the drivers are very versatile in cabinet volumes. The 7's are great in volumes as low as 25 liters. The 5's are great starting at 8 liters.

They will also sound great in horns.

Looking forward to the build plans. Hope you have thought of a plan to ship your drivers to far off places like where I live. :)

StevenZ

« Reply #5 on: 10 Sep 2013, 02:47 pm »
Subscribed.  Ready to pull the trigger on a pair of 7F but needing some assistance with enclosure.  Looking forward to what Luis has to offer.

Thanks,
Steven