Luxman DU-50 Universal CD Player SOLD

gelajoy

Luxman DU-50 Universal CD Player SOLD
« on: 5 Sep 2013, 07:12 pm »
I am the original owner of this beautiful Luxman DU-50 universal CD player. I'm moving and have to sell off my downstairs stereo. This CD Player has been widely reviewed and praised, and rarely comes up on the pre-owned market.

John Marks of Stereophile stated that "... using the DU-50's balanced outputs into the L505u's balanced inputs, it really sounded more like a million bucks than nearly $5000...the small amount of 24/96 material on DVD-V or DVD-Audio I had handy sounded magnificent through the Luxman Du-50. I played the same recordings for Bob Saglio, first on "Red Book" CD and then on 24/96 DVD. His comment: "To qoute Bud Fried, it's like taking the cotton out of your ears.""

The Luxman DU-50 was awarded Stereophile's Class A status.

Paul Seydor a reveiwer for Absolute Sound noted that "...the DU-50 will play every form of five-inch disc except HD-DVD or Blu Ray Disc...its musical values...include a persuasive impression of body and vitality, with tonal variety and beauty to rival vinyl sources, especially from SACD and DVD-A. Its functional characteristics make it the easiest, most intuitive-to-use digital player I've yet encountered. Luxman, one of the oldest Japanese manufacturers  and one of the most distinguished, has been absent these shores for many years, though not from the international scene. If these two products are any indication of its current line, then we may have been missing a great deal, indeed. I for one am happy  to welcome Luxman back to America. "

The Luxman DU-50 was awarded Absolute Sound's "Editor's Choice Award" for 2008 and 2009 as well as Absolute Sound's "Golden Ear Award."

SPECIFICATIONS: Compatible Formats:  DVD audio, DVD video, SACD (multichannel, stereo), CD, MP3,         Dolby Digital & DTS. Audio DACs:   Shannon: CS4392 dual use (192KHz/24bit) stereo & multi-channel Fluency (FE DAC): FN1242A dual use (192KHz/24bit) stereo only DSD: CS4392 dual use (2.82MHz/1bit) Audio Decoder:  DVD audio stereo & multichannel, SACD stereo & multichannel, Dolby Digital and DTS Frequency Response:  4Hz~45KHz (DVD audio, SACD), 4Hz~20KHz (CD) Harmonic Distortion:  0.001% (DVD audio, CD), 0.002% (SACD) Dynamic Range:  115dB (DVD audio, SACD), 106dB (CD) Signal-to-Noise Ratio:  123dB Video DAC:    ADV7314KST (216MHz/14bit) Progressive Processing:  2:3 pull-down  and 3D adaptive motion processing. Pure Cinema Progressive Scan Power Consumption:   18W Dimensions: 18.3” W x 5.2 (H) x 14.5 (D) Weight:  28.6 lbs.

The MSRP for this CD player was $4,990.  I'm asking SOLD OBO plus shipping. I accept PayPal but the buyer is responsible for paying their fees. I also accept USPS money orders. I will only ship within the US.  The player comes with the original boxes, manual, and remote.

FWIW I have great feedback on Ebay as Gelajoy (700+ rating at 100%.)

« Last Edit: 21 Sep 2013, 05:45 pm by gelajoy »