Can you have too many cameras? Not for this guy....

SET Man

Can you have too many cameras? Not for this guy....
« on: 30 Aug 2013, 04:07 am »
Hey!

Here's article from La Vida Leica!.... http://lavidaleica.com/content/think-youve-got-gas

At 4,425 cameras, he is the Guinness Book World of Record holder of largest camera collection.  :o

I would love to see a list of camera models in his collection. Also, I wonder if all of them are in working condition... OK, I'll cut him some slack for those cameras that you can't get film for them anymore.  :lol:

I myself have some vintage cameras in my collection and have a friend with quite a few cameras lining his apartment walls, but nothing even close to this guy!  :D

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

G Georgopoulos

• Restricted
Re: Can you have too many cameras? Not for this guy....
« Reply #1 on: 30 Aug 2013, 04:11 am »
He looks like an expert too,operating all those different cameras and their controls... :green:

JohnR

« Reply #2 on: 30 Aug 2013, 02:30 pm »
Interesting, Buddy. Are they all unique I wonder? (I mean, different models).

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #3 on: 30 Aug 2013, 04:24 pm »
Wow.  :o

This might be one of those stories you hear about.....the old guys passes away and his wife is tasked with getting rid of the collection of ______ he's hoarded away all those years. Having been annoyed by the attention he gave his hobby (and not her), she dumps the equipment for a song. Some other lucky fellow in the world adds to his collection of ______ and further alienates his own family with his passion.

Bob  :wink:

thunderbrick

• Facilitator
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #4 on: 31 Aug 2013, 01:53 am »
Bob, the Warden says that's a typical scenario.................. :o

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: 31 Aug 2013, 02:00 am »
Yip. It's our lot in life. It's our destiny.

Rocket_Ronny

• Your Room Is Everything - Use It Well.
    • ScriptureSongs.com
« Reply #6 on: 31 Aug 2013, 02:12 am »

Are there any pictures online that he has taken? Does he take pictures?

Rocket_Ronny

thunderbrick

• Facilitator
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #7 on: 31 Aug 2013, 02:32 am »
Nah, he's probably like an LP collector who doesn't DARE play one for fear of damaging the fragile discs.

While we're on the subject, what DOES an unplayed LP sound like?    :scratch:

SET Man

« Reply #8 on: 31 Aug 2013, 03:44 am »
Interesting, Buddy. Are they all unique I wonder? (I mean, different models).

Hey!

I don't know. I was wondering about that too when I came across this. I'll be very impressed if he actually got 4,425 different models.

Are there any pictures online that he has taken? Does he take pictures?

Rocket_Ronny

Well, the article said he is a photo journalist. Probably work for newspapers there in India. Still impressive to for someone to have that many cameras. :D

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #9 on: 31 Aug 2013, 11:04 am »
I had an older friend from church who after serving as a decorated Marine in WWII became the crime scene photographer for the county sheriff's department.  I had some occasion to visit him at home and noticed right away a security system sticker and keypad.  His wife met me at the door and invited me to in and to go straight to the basement while suggesting that I'd be there awhile.  Sure enough the entire basement was dedicated to photography complete with darkroom, tens of thousands of feet of film, thousands of rolls of worth of negatives, and mostly display cases of hundreds of all kinds/styles of cameras, ancient flash bulbs, even his old Marine dress uniform on a manikin.  It took over an hour for the 'quick' tour that he valued at $250,000 (20 years ago) and he indicated that the best stuff was elsewhere as he couldn't afford the insurance (even with a home security system) to keep it there.  After retirement and 4 open heart surgeries he could no longer lift a 35 mm SLR he still shot using disposables, did darkroom restoration work, and consulted with the state historic museum on preservation of their collections.  His Marine/sheriff department honor guard funeral was moving and stunning.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #10 on: 31 Aug 2013, 01:26 pm »
While we're on the subject, what DOES an unplayed LP sound like?    :scratch:
The noise floor is so low, you can hardly believe it.  :wink: