SOLD: Kraemer Designs D~400 Hypex NC400 Mono Blocks

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
  • Machining and Audio What A Great Match!
Well folks, these are my personal pair, the first pair every made and the last pair ever sold. Don't miss out on the chance to own these babies. They are designed, programmed and machine in the USA by me. I am making a new amp soon and these need to go.

Use google for more info :)

Free shipping (international shipping extra). Paypal only and i pay fees. Amps will be shipped in a Pelican 1600 case. No power cords.

Aluminatisound@gmail.com

Please do not ask if i can make more cases, these are the last!!

Matt

« Last Edit: 31 Aug 2013, 03:41 pm by KraemerDesigns »

paul79

• Industry Participant
Re: Kraemer Designs D~400 Hypex NC400 Mono Blocks
« Reply #1 on: 26 Aug 2013, 01:23 am »
Wow... Need a kidney?

How do they sound?

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 26 Aug 2013, 01:35 am »
Wow... Need a kidney?

How do they sound?

I suppose i could use three kidneys :) lol

They sound wonderful. Very fast, very dynamic and make you part of the music. At low and high levels it presents music better than most amps. I love them but want to start new designs, so these must go.

Matt

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 26 Aug 2013, 01:11 pm »
I've have gotten many inquires about these amps and a common question is being asked.

Just to clarify these are the last pair i will ever make or sell.

Matt

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 26 Aug 2013, 02:32 pm »
There is a pending sale on these amps.

Matt

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: 26 Aug 2013, 04:43 pm »
The amps have been sold to Greg in NH. Thanks Greg!

Matt

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
Re: SOLD: Kraemer Designs D~400 Hypex NC400 Mono Blocks
« Reply #6 on: 26 Aug 2013, 04:56 pm »
Two new amps will be coming out this fall (probably October). Both are based on Ice Power Technology. The Inferno~200 and Diablo~500, each are stereo amps putting out 200 and 500 @4ohms respectively.

Matt

Bemopti123

« Reply #7 on: 26 Aug 2013, 10:04 pm »
what sort of PS design will you be using for the new amps?  Traditional a la H2O or Switching PS like everyone else?   

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #8 on: 26 Aug 2013, 10:22 pm »
what sort of PS design will you be using for the new amps?  Traditional a la H2O or Switching PS like everyone else?

We will be using the 200ASC and 500ASP boards from B&O, which have the AC to DC and PS on board. This drastically reduces costs. The cases are still being machined from solid blocks of aluminum!!

Matt

audiogoober

« Reply #9 on: 27 Aug 2013, 04:10 am »
The amps have been sold to Greg in NH. Thanks Greg!

Matt

Once these beauties arrive  :drool:, I'll be posting comments and more photos as well. I live in NH and welcome any AC'ers to stop by to give them a listen. Please PM me for more info.

These amps initially will be paired with Daedalus Athena .v2 speakers but the larger Daedalus Ulysses .v2 are also here if anyone wants to hear those.

The Ulysses .v2's are in my dedicated system with Pass Labs XA-160.5 monoblocks. It will be very interesting to hear the differences between these amps. The special Kraemer Designs D~400 Hypex NC400 Mono Blocks look better than the XA-160.5's.... I can't believe I'm writing this because they're not even here yet and the XA-160.5's are VERY nice. Could this be a David and Goliath story? These amps may force my XA-160.5's out?  I heard the Ulysses once with a quality class D ICE mono blocks but the chassis's were so ugly I couldn't stand them....but, I do miss the sound they made. The bass was more defined, tighter and faster, yet still very delicate and musical.....like a steel fist around a velvet glove. I can't wait to hear these very rare NC400 amps.

We all must keep in mind the Pass amps retail for $24K so this is really like comparing apples to kiwi, especially anything class D to A. My guess is they'll have some similar characteristics and some other differences as well, but that will also be system dependent.

More to follow once they arrive,

Greg

P.S.

I must say Matt Kraemer has been super to deal with and very professional. Thank You Matt  :thumb: