VR-22 review

Whitestix

VR-22 review
« on: 25 Aug 2013, 09:37 pm »
I bought a pair of VR-22's after the Newport Beach Show in June.  I have a need to be able to place my speakers quite near the back wall.  Out of the box they sounded just okay, but now after a couple of months, they are simply magically, situated about 8" from the rear wall.  The are not finacky in terms of placement at all!  The have wonderful extension on both ends and an incredible mid-range.  I no longer feel the need to use my REL subwoofer.   They image superbly, with a three-dimensional soundstage.  I absolutely am enthralled with these gems, they are completely musically and non-fatiguing... and I have had much more expensive speakers in my system, which is driven by a SOTA TT, Klyne preamp, Consonance CD player, Jolida FX Tube DAC, and a Modwright KWA 100se.   If you are in the Sacramento area, come by for a listen.  Albert is a genius and is among the true gentlemen in the audio business.
Cheers,
Mark White

harley52

Re: VR-22 review
« Reply #1 on: 25 Aug 2013, 11:48 pm »
Hi Mark,
 How long did you have to wait to get your 22's ? I've had a pr. of speakers from another company ordered for 3 months as of this past week and I'm tired of waiting and they cost more than the 22's. :nono:

ASMAN

« Reply #2 on: 26 Aug 2013, 05:09 am »
Whitestix, I couldn't agree more with everything you said including Albert being a true gentleman.
I just finished listening to Patty Griffin's "American Kid" and Shelby Lynne's "Revelation Road". What the 22s do for those girl's vocals is nothing short of magical.
I only had to wait around 3 weeks for my pair and Albert called me twice to keep me updated on progress. I only wish I had ordered them sooner!

Albert Von Schweikert

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
« Reply #3 on: 1 Sep 2013, 04:03 am »
Hello Fellow Audiophiles,

Greg Weaver of Positive Feedback borrowed a pair of VR-22's a few months ago to compare them to his VR-33 and his reference VR-5 Anniversary Mk1's.  His review in PF-Online was published a few days ago.  Here is the link: http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue68/vsa_22.htm

It seems he was impressed with their sound and value, hope you all agree with his findings.  Stereo Mojo also has a review in the works, it should be published soon.  Customer feedback has been amazing!

Happy Listening,

Albert

ASMAN

« Reply #4 on: 4 Sep 2013, 02:53 pm »
Congratulations Albert!
Mr. Weaver took the words right out of my mouth (well he would have if I was that articulate).
I think all 22 owners will agree.

Albert Von Schweikert

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
« Reply #5 on: 11 Sep 2013, 05:55 pm »
Hello VR-22 Owners and Prospective Owners,

Stereo Mojo just published a review of the VR-22 last week.  Here is the link: http://www.stereomojo.com/Von%20Schwieikert%20VR-22%20Speaker%20Review/VonSchwiekertVR-22Speakerreview.htm

If you can get past the opening page (the yellow mini skirt is quite distracting, isn't it boys?), the review itself is very interesting and written from a different view point.

Enjoy!

Albert

ASMAN

« Reply #6 on: 11 Sep 2013, 08:51 pm »
This is more proof that there are good, intelligent, common sense reviewers in the industry. Kinda gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling.
Marlin

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #7 on: 11 Sep 2013, 09:40 pm »
Hello VR-22 Owners and Prospective Owners,

Stereo Mojo just published a review of the VR-22 last week.  Here is the link: http://www.stereomojo.com/Von%20Schwieikert%20VR-22%20Speaker%20Review/VonSchwiekertVR-22Speakerreview.htm

If you can get past the opening page (the yellow mini skirt is quite distracting, isn't it boys?), the review itself is very interesting and written from a different view point.

Enjoy!

Albert

Hey it sells beer...why not speakers!

simoon

« Reply #8 on: 11 Sep 2013, 11:15 pm »
I don't own a Von Schweikert product, but I have heard them on numerous occasions, and I have I agree. They are really amazing sounding speakers.

My feelings on them was reinforced when I heard them again at the Newport show.

They are one of the best deals in high end audio.

mfsoa

« Reply #9 on: 12 Sep 2013, 12:11 am »
Hi Albert,

I have been using original VR4JRs to make wonderful sounds for the past 5+ years but the 22s are certainly intriguing-

Do you think the 22s are a considerable step up from the JRs?

Thanks

-Mike