FS Buffalo 32s DAC [Twisted Pear Audio], custom features inc. Neutrik XLR.

sonicxtc

Offer made. SALE PENDING.

Sold!

The Front and rear panels are from Front Panel Express.
The case is a Par Metal 20 series which features metal isolation feet (removable).
The output section is wired with Jena Labs wire.
Unbalanced RCA output jacks are Eichmann copper.
Balanced XLR outputs are Neutrik
There is a front panel illuminated power button with blue light to match the engraving.

Exceptional condition.
Dac uses the ESS Sabre 9018 chip. This will play hirez. I've run 2496 through it.
There is a single input, which is BNC. You could also utilize a COAX to BNC cable.
It is supremely quiet with excellent sound quality.
This is AKA Buffalo II by Twisted Pear Audio.

This is what I was told by an audio guru whom I respect BEFORE I purchased the unit:
If I am in your position I would definitely go for the II if you can get one, the Sabre chips IS fantastic, I have owned and still have some digital gear at and above 5000USD. Just my 2 cents..”

I will add more pix as time allows. Uploaded.

Only considering this sale to pursue a dac with DSD.

Price: $640.

I will double box to ensure safe arrival. I'm experienced with packing properly.
split paypal if you wish paypal.
Please note that I have perfect feedback on Audiogon dating back several years.

PLEASE reply by PM.

Thank you.

[/img]

« Last Edit: 29 Aug 2013, 05:59 pm by sonicxtc »

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
Bump. Great seller. Beautiful dac. Please post more pics...
Best,
Anand.

sonicxtc

More extensive pictures uploaded.

ClefChef

I am in the market for ES9018 Dac. The price of ES9018 Dacs has dropped a lot with offers from Audio-GD and Valab ($450.00). Your DIY DAC looks nice but I feel the price could be adjusted, significantly.

WireNut

Nice looking unit. The case and feet alone look like they would cost about $200.00. Looks like a true balanced design.

sonicxtc

Nice looking unit. The case and feet alone look like they would cost about $200.00. Looks like a true balanced design.

Thank you WireNut. Yes, I'm impressed with the overall build quality and definitely the sound of the Buffalo.

Re: ClefChef. I am FAR from an expert on ES9018 based Dacs, but I do know some are certainly less expensive than this one, but there are others well in excess of $1000 to $1500. However, I don't know of ANY of the lower priced units which include balanced outputs, Eichmann RCAs, Jena wire, such a high quality case, etc. Again, I'm not an expert on the subject, but from what I know, this unit is selling for less than the parts cost.  Suffice it to say, this is a very well built unit with very good parts.

I bought it based on my research and the valued input of an audio guru who claimed it can rival MUCH more expensive gear. Regardless, good luck in your search ClefChef. In the end, this hobby is really just about enjoying the music and we're all on a journey. I'm just glad to be part of this little community as I've met a few great audiophiles who've generously offered their time to provide superb guidance.

Thank you.

ClefChef

Thank you WireNut. Yes, I'm impressed with the overall build quality and definitely the sound of the Buffalo.

Re: ClefChef. I am FAR from an expert on ES9018 based Dacs, but I do know some are certainly less expensive than this one, but there are others well in excess of $1000 to $1500. However, I don't know of ANY of the lower priced units which include balanced outputs, Eichmann RCAs, Jena wire, such a high quality case, etc. Again, I'm not an expert on the subject, but from what I know, this unit is selling for less than the parts cost.  Suffice it to say, this is a very well built unit with very good parts.

Here's one example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/281145300105?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
Wyred4Sound DAC 1 sells on a used market for approx $600

Buffalo 32S boards sell nowadays for $65, add a couple of Salas shunt regs for another $80, pair of transformers - $50, the nicest aluminum case from eBay for $120, wire, connectors, tools, etc...

Not saying that your DAC is not nice, it's just that the difference between the cost of parts and the price on DAC is substantial.

JayV

Man, give it up this is not a discussion forum it is for buying and selling. If you don't like the price then move on.

Congrats to the seller on the sale.