Speakers from RMAF 2010.... Anyone recognize theses?

capwkidd

Anyone recognize theses? Anyone have info on them? I thought they sounded pretty dam good, the tweet was way too hot, which is probably obvious due to the fact its covered with a piece of paper :). Looks like they are using a Rythmik servo sub. What do you think it would cost to build this?

shooter

Re: Speakers from RMAF 2010.... Anyone recognize theses?
« Reply #1 on: 22 Aug 2013, 10:56 pm »
These are Field Coil Lowther from Lowther America, the field coils are wound by Dave Slagle, the Lowthers alone are $ 6,000.

capwkidd

« Reply #2 on: 22 Aug 2013, 11:36 pm »
These are Field Coil Lowther from Lowther America, the field coils are wound by Dave Slagle, the Lowthers alone are $ 6,000.

Wow, $3,000 for each of the Lowthers.... How much do you think it cost to build those speakers? They did sound nice.... I guess I really should try DYI'ing an open baffle setup....

Anyone have a list of Lowther driver prices? I see the specs on their site, but no prices....

shooter

« Reply #3 on: 23 Aug 2013, 01:27 am »
The price of all the Lowther drivers are listed under prices and ordering on the Lowther America site.
The price of field coil drivers is listed under field coil, I like these drivers in a front loaded horn more so than open baffle. The price of the drivers does not include the power supply to power them.
I am a big fan of field coil drivers.