The Bridge

ltr317

The Bridge
« on: 15 Aug 2013, 06:36 pm »
I'm totally mesmerized by FX channel's new series The Bridge.  I think the scripts are really good and the show has a strong feeling of reality and demonstrating real issues.  Also, the cast does a great job with Diane Kruger being exceptional as a cop with Asperger syndrome.  Has any one else seen this show yet? 

wndrmke

Re: The Bridge
« Reply #1 on: 16 Aug 2013, 03:44 am »
Excellent show, Diane Kruger is going to be in the Emmy race for sure. Just showing how it is without beating you over the head with a message.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #2 on: 16 Aug 2013, 05:03 am »
Damn, I'm ready for them to catch the bad guys.  All the grim shite is beginning to turn me off.  Kruger is veddy cool, I agree, and that actor who plays the Sheriff has never been better, imo.  Remember him in Silence of the Lambs? 

ltr317

« Reply #3 on: 17 Aug 2013, 06:58 am »
Damn, I'm ready for them to catch the bad guys.  All the grim shite is beginning to turn me off.  Kruger is veddy cool, I agree, and that actor who plays the Sheriff has never been better, imo.  Remember him in Silence of the Lambs?

I haven't seen that movie since it first came out over twenty years ago, but now that you mentioned it I vaguely remembered Ted Levine played the serial killer.  What a strange twist of fate that he's now playing the sheriff chasing the serial killer.   :D

Chazro

« Reply #4 on: 17 Aug 2013, 08:42 pm »
Great show!  Sometimes I think the director's are pulling a clever bait 'n' switch as I would swear the voice of the killer over the phone is Ted Levine's (the original creepizoid killer from Silence....!).  Unless of course, he IS the killer!;)  Actually, I'm thinking it may be the 'helpful' cop with the weird 'stache' OR the Mex cop's son!  As far as 'lightening' the show up, it's about the search for one of the most horrific killers ever shown on TV taking place in one of the most 3rd-worldish areas in the N. America.  I don't see 'light' anywhere in this scenario.