receiver with inputs for the amplifier

tobyw

receiver with inputs for the amplifier
« on: 15 Aug 2013, 04:31 pm »
Hello, all who are smarter the me!
Is there a receiver on the market that has audio inputs for the amplifier?
I have speakers that utilize active crossovers, and would like to minimize the number of black boxes (waf)
using the preamp out feature to send the audio to the active crossover (unbalanced rca's) and then send the information back from the crossover to the av receiver's internal amplifier.
Or should I just use a preamp processor and separate amplifier?
Thank you so much.
Tobyw

this_is_vv

Re: receiver with inputs for the amplifier
« Reply #1 on: 15 Aug 2013, 04:43 pm »
Hello, all who are smarter the me!
Is there a receiver on the market that has audio inputs for the amplifier?
I have speakers that utilize active crossovers, and would like to minimize the number of black boxes (waf)
using the preamp out feature to send the audio to the active crossover (unbalanced rca's) and then send the information back from the crossover to the av receiver's internal amplifier.
Or should I just use a preamp processor and separate amplifier?
Thank you so much.
Tobyw

well i dont understand that preamp...is preamp same as receiver????...not sure i understood....

for amplification you are looking for receiver with multi channel analog input....following has 6 channel analog input...u can use amplification of the receiver for this....

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/av-receivers-amps/htr/htr-6060/?mode=model

other receiver can be done as well...

V

tobyw

« Reply #2 on: 15 Aug 2013, 04:55 pm »
preamplifier /processor without amplifier built into box as a receiver has.
so it would have the inputs (hdmi or composite, and a processor) but no amplification.

JRace

• Greetings one and Everyone!
« Reply #3 on: 15 Aug 2013, 05:01 pm »
You wint be able to use a receiver's built in amps,
You must use seperate amplifiers,

You can however use a receiver with pre outs, or a processor.

tobyw

« Reply #4 on: 15 Aug 2013, 06:30 pm »
I was stating to think just that, thank you for your response.
Toby

WC

« Reply #5 on: 15 Aug 2013, 07:25 pm »
I guess I am a little confused on what you want. You have active crossovers. So you take your right and left RCAs from a pre amp and feed it into the active crossover. So if you have a 3 way speaker you have 6 RCA channels to provide amplification for. An AVR could provide amplification of all 6 channels through its multichannel inputs, as could a multichannel amp. Is that what you are talking about? Or do your speakers active meaning they have built in amplifiers?

JRace

• Greetings one and Everyone!
« Reply #6 on: 15 Aug 2013, 08:50 pm »
I guess I am a little confused on what you want. You have active crossovers. So you take your right and left RCAs from a pre amp and feed it into the active crossover. So if you have a 3 way speaker you have 6 RCA channels to provide amplification for. An AVR could provide amplification of all 6 channels through its multichannel inputs, as could a multichannel amp. Is that what you are talking about? Or do your speakers active meaning they have built in amplifiers?
You can't send the signal from the preouts back into the avr, as the avr makes its preamp signal fromo the inputs.

You want it to look like this:
 avr preouts-> active xover -> amp -> driver.

This wont work:
Avr preouts -> active xover -> avr multi ch inputs -> driver

WC

« Reply #7 on: 15 Aug 2013, 08:59 pm »
You can't send the signal from the preouts back into the avr, as the avr makes its preamp signal fromo the inputs.

You want it to look like this:
 avr preouts-> active xover -> amp -> driver.

This wont work:
Avr preouts -> active xover -> avr multi ch inputs -> driver

I know that you can't I was assuming a seperate 2-channel preamp feeding the active crossovers. If it was 2 channel, I would skip the AVR. For Multichannel, the way you have it shown would work with the center and surrounds powered from the AVR.