Eastern Electric MiniMax DAC w/Bolder Modification lowered to $600.00"SOLD"

DARTH AUDIO

I am selling my well reviewed EE MiniMax Dac with the Level One Bolder Cable mod from Wayne. The Mod takes an already killer DAC and transforms into a killer sounding DAC. The unit was purchased and modified in 4/2011.
Wayne ended up replacing 30 capacitors, 12 diodes, 7 resistors and added two circuit boards to the tube section. He also added another 30 capacitors for bypass and supplemental use. Also upgraded the op-amps. The EE MiniMax DAC was designed for a price point, but he raised the price point by using higher quality parts and redesigning the tube output circuit. The volume control was disconnected and runs only on a Coax connection(I had the other inputs disconnected for quality reasons). You can have them reattached. It also comes with a HiFi tunning Fuse and a NOS Mullard 12AU7 tube.
Read more at http://app.audiogon.com/listings/da-converters-eastern-electric-minimax-dac-w-bolder-cable-modification-2013-08-05-digital-60611-chicago-il#4XCdiq6Zhtjsm5S4.99

« Last Edit: 8 Sep 2013, 04:16 pm by DARTH AUDIO »

polyglot

Re: Eastern Electric MiniMax DAC w/Bolder Modification $750.00
« Reply #1 on: 20 Aug 2013, 12:37 am »
Is it easy to reconnect the other input connectors?

DARTH AUDIO

Re: Eastern Electric MiniMax DAC w/Bolder Modification $750.00
« Reply #2 on: 22 Aug 2013, 10:55 pm »
Wayne at Bolder can reconnect them for around $200.00. So I'm lowering the price to $650.00

InfernoSTi

Great DAC.  You only want to use the SPDIF connection as that is the 24/96 input with the least jitter.  That is the #1 preferred connection.  If you need a USB/SPDIF converter, the V-Link 192 will get you there for $200 new and you will be very happy with that combo (I had that before I went to a DSD DAC...to try DSD, not because of any other issue...and I kept my Bolder DAC).

Good luck with your sale...

John

DARTH AUDIO

Bump.. Lowered to $600.00

alana106

Is this still available?

DARTH AUDIO

No.. Just sold this weekend.

alana106