booster amp for Garmin zumo

ratbbb2

booster amp for Garmin zumo
« on: 7 Aug 2013, 04:11 pm »
hello all I am as enthusiastic about motorcycling as I am audio but find this a bit odd for an audio forum.
 Non the less here, I am with a question.  The GPS I use on my Honda ST1300 has XM but it is quit low at  hiway speeds and sometimes (windshield in the down position) I cant hear it at all. A boost-a-roo 12v amp has done a bit to improve on the output but not enough. Was considering a simple DYI tube amp. Has anyone had any Experience with the few on the market and has anyone here tried this before.  On the headphone end I'm using a Scala Q2 that has blutooth but audio from XM must be and is hard wired.
Thanks Roger STOC0648

srb

Re: booster amp for Garmin zumo
« Reply #1 on: 7 Aug 2013, 04:55 pm »
Was considering a simple DYI tube amp. Has anyone had any Experience with the few on the market and has anyone here tried this before.

A tube amp on a motorcycle?  Are you being serious?

Steve

milford3

« Reply #2 on: 7 Aug 2013, 05:59 pm »
It will work.  All the tubes wear a helmet. :lol:

ratbbb2

« Reply #3 on: 17 Dec 2013, 12:43 pm »
So the general consensus is why bother but it could work as long as its not a RCA clear Top ?
 Yes I'm thinking if getting a cheap ( Up to $150) headphone amp for the bike . I need a booster  amp and or more efficient head phone speakers.
The pair the comes with the blue tooth head set are not doing anything for music (not that I expected anything special)  Yes I realize its not going to make geat sound  . Part novelty part practicle booster amp.

bladesmith

• water quenching steel since 2001....
    • palmer knives
« Reply #4 on: 17 Dec 2013, 01:24 pm »
Are you saying you need something like this ?

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=122181.0

B..