conflicting romote codes

beat

conflicting romote codes
« on: 23 Jul 2004, 03:34 pm »
Good day,
Have anyone out there ever had any issues with one remote that wants to control two things at once? Its a marantz 7300 that does support macros so I'm thinking maybe I have macros enabled unknowingly?? I am not really sure what macros even is for sure but I thought it made one button do different things when pushed repeatedly- not simultaneously. It seems unlikely that with all the codes out there that it is mere coincidence. It sure is a PITA though. The weird thing (which makes me think it is a coincidence) is I have totally erased all info I ever put into it and it still does it.
thanks, beat

JoshK

conflicting romote codes
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jul 2004, 03:38 pm »
Yes, had this happen before.  My Panny RP91 DVD player and my DVR-E80H used the same codes.  I just went into the menu of the E80 and selected code set 2 instead and all was good.  Many devices allow for choosing more than one code set now for this reason.

beat

conflicting romote codes
« Reply #2 on: 23 Jul 2004, 03:45 pm »
Sweet,
thanks Josh, I'll look into that. I was just going over my user manual for the remote and I am definitely not using any macros so it isnt that. I think I will call up my TV manufacturer today.