Denon 3300 set-up menu

syogusr

Denon 3300 set-up menu
« on: 23 Jul 2004, 02:22 pm »
I have had this Denon AVR-3300 for about a year, but just decided to "properly" set up the system, as I have just acquired the new Onkyo DV-CP 802 universal player (which by the way is a great machine). Going by the manual's instructions, I push the set-up botton, but the initial menu does not display anywhere (Denon or TV) What could I be doing wrong? What should display is the "System Setup Menu", but does not. HELP :!:

Digi-G

Denon 3300 set-up menu
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jul 2004, 02:58 pm »
I've got the Denon 3300 also.  The seup menu will only display on the tv screen - you can't get to it otherwise (I don't believe).  Double check the video connection to see which input on your tv is being used.  You'll need to make sure you have that input active on your tv.

Unfortunately, at least with my setup, the menu won't show up while watching any other inputs - I have to use  a dedicated input.  Not ideal, but... it works.

Hope this helps.

TIC

Setup woes.....
« Reply #2 on: 2 Aug 2004, 08:17 pm »
syogusr,

I previously owned a Denon AVR-3300 and getting the setup to display on the TV was one of the ergonomic "problems" that I had with that receiver. It sounded pretty good, but it was a P.I.T.A. to use IMHO.

I always had to switch that "switch" on the remote to a video function in order to get the setup to display. Anyway, it's been a couple of years since I owned that receiver, so I don't remember exactly what was required, but I do know that you needed to be connected from your TV to a particular video port on the receiver, and select the appropriate video function on the remote, in order to get it to display properly on the TV.

Sorry I can't be of more value, but keep trying. You'll eventually stumble onto the correct settings. When you do, WRITE IT DOWN! You'll need it in the future.......

Enjoy,

TIC

kfalls

Denon 3300 set-up menu
« Reply #3 on: 25 Aug 2004, 02:03 pm »
I have the AVR-3300 and the on-screen display is not available when using the component video connections, only S-Video.  For setup purposes I have an S-Video connection setup between one of the tape in/out and the TV and I switch to it for receiver setup.  This is clearly stated in the manual.