SOLD: Metrum Octave NOS DAC

adhesiv

SOLD: Metrum Octave NOS DAC
« on: 21 Jul 2013, 04:03 am »
Paving the way for my incoming Devialet D-Premier I need to sell off my existing gear.
I thought I was going to keep this thing forever but the ol' pocket book has different plans.

This is the little DAC that could. NOS design with proprietary DAC's not used in any other manufacturers products. The Metrum Octave is a game changer in DAC affordability and performance. I have not heard a more natural sounding DAC with high PRAT and detail while remaining musical. I am sure the new Hex and mk2 are improvements but they come at a price.

If you have Shindo this is an excellent DAC match as the NOS design is a perfect complement as it sounded glorious with my Cortese/Massetto combo and Montille/Monbrison combo before that. I know of many other Shindo owners who have chosen this, or other NOS DAC's as their choice pairing for digital.

It is currently being fed from a Logitech Transporter via a Black Cat Silverstar 75 (true 75ohm connector) digital cable. I would highly recommend this combo and providing both with clean power as much as possible.

***SOLD*** Asking $750 (add 3% if using PayPal, will split shipping with buyer)

The Transporter is also for sale and would make a fantastic combo. Pair it up with my headphone setup (Audeze LCD-3 and Bryston BHA-1) also for sale and you have a world class system with very small footprint.

« Last Edit: 2 Aug 2013, 04:57 am by adhesiv »

adhesiv

Re: FS: Metrum Octave NOS DAC
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jul 2013, 07:26 am »
pics added

adhesiv

Re: FS: Metrum Octave NOS DAC
« Reply #2 on: 22 Jul 2013, 08:04 am »
Changed price to $750 to match market value.

adhesiv

Re: SOLD: Metrum Octave NOS DAC
« Reply #3 on: 2 Aug 2013, 04:58 am »
SOLD!