Alon lotus elite signature speakers

bhuff

Alon lotus elite signature speakers
« on: 17 Jul 2013, 09:40 pm »
  Looking at many different open baffle designs including DIY and commercial.  I'm not sure if these speakers fulfill the requirements of an open baffle speaker.  The mid and tweeter are open baffle while the woofers are sealed box. This is the same company that makes Nola speakers.  Has anybody heard or owned these speakers?  If so, give comparisons to other speakers or listening impressions. 

Russell Dawkins

Re: Alon lotus elite signature speakers
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jul 2013, 11:28 pm »
Presumably they have the blessings of the Lotus car company for this use of the name.

Angaria

« Reply #2 on: 17 Jul 2013, 11:36 pm »
I kept a pair of these longer than any other component.... they survived 20 amplifiers and several dacs.  Great stuff, especially the alnico mids.  That being said, OB base is what eliminates a lot of the room interactions, and they nolas are sealed.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #3 on: 18 Jul 2013, 01:54 am »
I have heard them at several RMAF's and they were pretty bad sounding every time. 

studiotech

« Reply #4 on: 18 Jul 2013, 02:40 am »
I have heard them at several RMAF's and they were pretty bad sounding every time.

I agree.  I heard them twice.  Once with my own demo material, once with their choices.  Not sure what all the gushing was about. 

Ericus Rex

« Reply #5 on: 18 Jul 2013, 11:13 am »
I have heard many Nola models sound quite good.  I wonder if they are just particularly susceptible to the bad rooms at the shows.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #6 on: 18 Jul 2013, 02:52 pm »
I've heard other Nola models sound good too.  Just not the Lotus model.