Kodak T-Max used films ? ? ?

Guy 13

Kodak T-Max used films ? ? ?
« on: 17 Jul 2013, 11:02 am »
Hi all Audio Circle members.
Who want to buy used films ? ? ?
Down below from the Amazon site:
" More Amazon.com Search Results for "kodak t max 100"
Kodak T-Max 100, 100TMX, Black & White Negative Film ISO 100, 120 Siz…
Buy new: $22.45
3 Used & new from $22.45
5.0 out of 5 stars (2) "
What do they mean by used ? ? ?

Guy 13

SET Man

Re: Kodak T-Max used films ? ? ?
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jul 2013, 02:45 pm »
Hey!

It is likely they are "expired" films or a mulit-pack that had been open and etc.  :lol:

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

nathanm

« Reply #2 on: 17 Jul 2013, 08:06 pm »
Used films are a pain!  It takes so much time to tape the cut-up negatives back together, re-apply new silver and then try to spool it all back in a canister.  Enough to make a person consider going  digital! :wink:

dB Cooper

« Reply #3 on: 17 Jul 2013, 08:35 pm »
I never liked the "T-Bag" films anyway. Always had problems controlling the high values, especially with the 400. Much preferred the Ilford films. Don't know if they are still in production or not.

SET Man

« Reply #4 on: 18 Jul 2013, 02:27 am »
I never liked the "T-Bag" films anyway. Always had problems controlling the high values, especially with the 400. Much preferred the Ilford films. Don't know if they are still in production or not.

Hey!

"T-Bag?"  :lol: Kodak's T-grain films are very sharp with tighter grain. But can a bit fuzzy to work with. I've used both T-Max 100 and 400, got good result with Kodak X-tol developer... wonderful developer, I really like it. Even though Kodak says that T-Max films are more "forgiving" than traditional grain film, I feel that they are not but if done right can be very sharp and very fine grain.

I've used Ilford before but I found overall they are a bit too smooth and lower contrast for my taste. But lately Kodak film line is shrinking. So, I might have to turn to Ilford someday. I guess I will have to work around it, do some experiment and figure out how to get them the way I wanted.

Anyway, Kodak T-Max 100 and 400 are still available. I think they discontinued the 3200 recently. As for Ilford. They are still around and still have a full line of their film available... including their Delta line of which is Ilford's own T-grain films.

Take care,
Buddy :thumb: