Local TV news SNAFU

RPM123

Local TV news SNAFU
« on: 13 Jul 2013, 10:10 pm »
Check out the link below.

One of the funniiest stories I have ever seen or heard...from the  gullible intern and news station to the later promo about the accuracy of their reporting.  :lol:

http://blog.sfgate.com/matierandross/2013/07/12/1937/

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Re: Local TV news SNAFU
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jul 2013, 11:01 pm »
That's just stupid.   :roll:
Just goes to show the level of (or "lack of") mentality of the newscasters and "proofreaders" (for lack of the correct term) involved in the airing of the story.

People are stupid, and it seems to be getting worse.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #2 on: 13 Jul 2013, 11:33 pm »
Maybe some old fart slipped one by to see if anyone would catch it, but in PC San Fran, how would anyone NOT catch that??? :duh:

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: 13 Jul 2013, 11:57 pm »
Bob, you're at post number 3001 and I'm at 9003.
There's a multiple there. I don't know. I just thought it was neat.

Sorry for the off topic....Back to your regularly scheduled newscast.....with all of it inaccuracies, warts and farts and all.....    :P

RPM123

« Reply #4 on: 14 Jul 2013, 12:03 am »
Maybe some old fart slipped one by to see if anyone would catch it, but in PC San Fran, how would anyone NOT catch that??? :duh:

The station folks were apparently just a bit too eager to scoop the other stations in reporting the events.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #5 on: 14 Jul 2013, 12:04 am »
This is one of those ones that you should feel completely guilty and ashamed if you laughed at it.  I'm completely guilty and ashamed.  When you think of the loss of life, up to three now I believe, and what I think can even be worse, the very serious injuries that might result in permanent disability, it's not something somebody should have made a joke about, whoever's responsible, but I plead guilty and insensitive.  I'm sorry, it was funny realizing the mindless talking heads that have no idea of what they are saying.  They're not reporters, they're newsreaders.  I feel ashamed for laughing, but won't lie that I didn't.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #6 on: 14 Jul 2013, 12:05 am »
This is one of those ones that you should feel completely guilty and ashamed if you laughed at it.  I'm completely guilty and ashamed.  When you think of the loss of life, up to three now I believe, and what I think can even be worse, the very serious injuries that might result in permanent disability, it's not something somebody should have made a joke about, whoever's responsible, but I plead guilty and insensitive.  I'm sorry, it was funny realizing the mindless talking heads that have no idea of what they are saying.  They're not reporters, they're newsreaders.  I feel ashamed for laughing, but won't lie that I didn't.
Well said. Perfect.  :thumb:

pumpkinman

• A Kind Word Is an Easy Gift To Give
« Reply #7 on: 14 Jul 2013, 12:10 am »
Dumb as a bag of hammers  :lol: :lol:

AVnerdguy

« Reply #8 on: 14 Jul 2013, 12:46 am »
Ho Lee Kow

I'm sorry, yes it was tragic but that was just too funny

galyons

« Reply #9 on: 14 Jul 2013, 01:34 am »
This is our local Fox affiliate.  They are, at best, "police scanner" news.  From the teleprompter to the mouth with no intervening cognitive processes, that is what they call news reporting.  It is sadly funny to see their pitiful reporting so glaringly exposed.

Cheers,
Geary

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #10 on: 21 Jul 2013, 10:21 pm »
I like Stephen Colbert's coverage of the SNAFU.  :wink:

galyons

« Reply #11 on: 21 Jul 2013, 10:38 pm »
I like Stephen Colbert's coverage of the SNAFU.  :wink:

+1...the Best!!   :thumb: