Good range of vinyl - cartridges - bolts.

Malcolm Fear

« on: 20 Jul 2004, 10:07 pm »
I was driving around Brookvale (Sydney, northen beaches area) looking for black allen head bolts for my new Denon DL-103 cartridge.

St Vincent De Pauls at Brookvale has a great range of vinyl. I bought a dozen including a stereo version of Harry Belafonte at Carnegie Hall (how many of these do I have now). There are lot of 70's and 80's stuff. I could have bought 100, but I already have them. The guy in front of me got a Dark Side of the Moon. Single albumns are $1, doubles are $2. A large selection of classical. Not many Max Bygraves, Kamahl or Sandy Scott (a good thing).

I bought a Denon DL-103 from Frank Prowse Hi Fi in Perth. He has some very good prices. My Koetsu Black is close to collapsing, so I needed a cheap replacement. A new Denon is much better than an old Koetsu. I'll get the Koetsu rebuilt one day.

I am having difficulty finding long black bolts with an allen key end. I require about 20 - 25 mm long, in about 2.5mm. Any ideas anyone?

mgalusha

« Reply #1 on: 20 Jul 2004, 10:40 pm »
Malcolm,

These folks Hexscrews.com carry some 2.6 x 25 for USD $0.385 each. The site specialized in selling screw sets for R/C cars. You might try a hobby shop specializing in radio control.

Nice deal on the vinyl. A friend recently gave me 4 milk crates full of 70's/80's vinyl, most of which I didn't have. Not all keepers but some very nice discs. :D

Mike G.

Edit: A quick Google search turned up this: http://pmms.webace.com.au/shops.htm

Rocket

vinyl records
« Reply #2 on: 21 Jul 2004, 02:11 am »
Hi Malcolm,

That is a great deal on vinyl.  I went to a record store in perth and typically the cost is $4 per album which i still think is cheap.  I bought a second hand 'dark side of the moon' lp (mobile fidelity) for $15au.

Btw i have sent you an email.  Glad to hear your enjoying the denon.  I just received a message that my turntable is fixed, i was a bit shocked at the bill thought $175au.

I can't use my system as my aksa modules are with hugh for upgrading to nirvana plus status.

regards

rod

Malcolm Fear

« Reply #3 on: 21 Jul 2004, 04:07 am »
Hi Rocket
Go to the Salvos, Red Cross, St Vinnies. All records are a dollar. Went to one again this morning. Got 7 (Captain and Tennille, Proclaimers, The Knack, a few U2).