The "New" momentum on ear

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
The "New" momentum on ear
« on: 11 Jul 2013, 05:37 pm »
Seems like a good alternative to the HD-25 I II, any takers?

http://en-de.sennheiser.com/momentum-on-ear

dB Cooper

Re: The "New" momentum on ear
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jul 2013, 10:42 pm »
We sell the "regular" Momentums where I work and recently had an open box set on hand. Naturally I took the opportunity to audition them. They were pretty impressive right out of the box- a little bottom heavy perhaps but nicely detailed and very comfortable (something I don't usually say about closed cans). Highs had the general voicing some refer to as the "Sennheiser veil", which to me means no tipped-up highs so common in many 'phones today. They will also probably outlast ten pairs of the comparably priced Dr. Dreadfuls. They have my 'thumbs-up'.

Who knows how much of that holds true for these. Probably most of it if the specs can be trusted. But having two models with the same name seems like it could be confusing. I guess it is inevitable that Sennheiser would have to yield to the pressures of the market and release a "blingphone"in multiple colors. There is no pricing info on these on the Senn USA site yet as far as I could find. (Think I'd pass on the Pink ones...)

Glad I just ordered a pair of 650s while I still can.

ajzepp

« Reply #2 on: 13 Jul 2013, 06:45 am »
This is only loosely related, so forgive the slight digression, but Amazon has the now discontinued Amperiors for quite a bit lower than the MSRP via one of their 3rd party (authorized) vendors. I had no idea this phone was d/c'd, so I went ahead and picked up a pair.

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #3 on: 26 Jul 2013, 06:41 pm »
This is only loosely related, so forgive the slight digression, but Amazon has the now discontinued Amperiors for quite a bit lower than the MSRP via one of their 3rd party (authorized) vendors. I had no idea this phone was d/c'd, so I went ahead and picked up a pair.

I've seen the Blue amperior cheaper for the last weeks, are they being discontinued?  :|  they have been on the market for around 1 year, that's weird.

ajzepp

« Reply #4 on: 27 Jul 2013, 01:26 am »
I've seen the Blue amperior cheaper for the last weeks, are they being discontinued?  :|  they have been on the market for around 1 year, that's weird.
Yep, they've discontinued them...I was surprised, as well.

As much as I like how these sound, I"m really getting frustrated with the build quality. When I hold them by the cups to put them on my head, one or both of the fit sliders just go nuts and next thing I know they're all the way extended out. ONce I actually get them on my head they're comfortable and sound good, but overall I put these a good notch or two below my Beyer 1350s, which are my standard for portables.