Sammy Hagar

MaxCast

Sammy Hagar
« on: 20 Jul 2004, 06:12 pm »
Anyone have the Hallelujah disc?  Preferably the DVD-A.  I had it in my hand but put it back.  
New release August 8th. The Essential Red Collection

Sure miss Three Lock Box and Montrose...maybe I should get a TT :?

tull skull

• I can't send hare in search of anything!
Sammy Hagar
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jul 2004, 07:37 pm »
Hey Maxcast, I always liked Ronnie Montrose. Do you remember when he sued Ted Nugent? I don't even remember much about the suit, but I thought it had something to do with stealing some of his hooks!!!? Maybe someone will remember the details.

I remember seeing Montrose a loooong time ago and was fascinated at the guitar he was using. He had attached this pole to the body of the guitar that was around 2-3 ft. long and used it to torque the neck and change the pitch/add vibratto. This was well before floyd rose.  At the same concert Ted Nugent played. This was supporting the album with "stranglehold" on it, so Dereck St.Holmes was singing. In other words they didn't suck. During one of the madman's solos, the power went out... he just kept playing. He was on the strings so hard that you could hear the notes at least 30 yards away, until the crowd went crazy with appreciation.

Liked Sammys voice alot more than his playing.

Maybe I should call you out on the sports bar, you being the big wing bandwaggoner that you are,(just kidding, I see where you are from) But was wondering how the wings are looking and do you think you will get ziggy? Also how is Stevie Y? That was brutal and I hope he comes back. Have you seen a picture of his eye? I heard he will encourage people to wear shields now.

I have also heard that the best scenario would be about half season of lock-out. Man am I going to miss hockey!

MaxCast

Sammy Hagar
« Reply #2 on: 20 Jul 2004, 08:32 pm »
Hi skull,
Yeah, Ronnie was something else.  I used to listen all the time until I got a CD player in the car instead of cassette  ~1990?  Maybe I should get that cd instead of Sammy   :)   both  :D

As far as the Wings go....I don't know how far they will go.  I was really excited about this past season (hell, the one before that too) only to be watching others play for the Cup.  Dare I mutter the word c o a c h ???  It takes a special man to bring a team of good to great players together and make the finals.

I'm sure they will get who they think they need.  This lockout thing will surely piss many off.  Football will be done by the time they start playing so I'll have to watch something :|