Urgently need to buy or borrow . .

jimdgoulding

Re: Urgently need to buy or borrow . .
« Reply #40 on: 1 Aug 2013, 01:08 pm »
Everyone, have a look at Neobop's gallery and check out his "rocket launcher" speakers that he built.  Dang!!!

munosmario

« Reply #41 on: 1 Aug 2013, 01:56 pm »
Scott, Neobop(daddy), blakep, I owe you a ton of gratitude.  Rotating the tonearm mounting plate on my MS table (seen above) with the Jelco 10" arm finally gave me the optimum tonearm effective length to my phono cartridge stylus tip and the vinyl groove.  That would have been a no-brainer if the Jelco 9" arm I ordered had the same effective length of the Sumiko MMT arm I screwed up and was trying to replace (they made the son-of-a-bitch) but it did not by a long shot.  A 9" Sumiko MMT was available online, but it came with bare wires instead of a DIN plug as did the one I screwed up.  Scott has one and endeavored to do the necessary soldering, successfully, but that scared the shite outta me, so, I ordered a 10" Jelco and paid the bloody premium.  With some coaching from the Neo, I got the distances right as I thought was possible and I'm hearing beautiful music, again.  No different from the Sumiko MMT it replaced- except that it costs me- but, the music is alive in my room once again.  Thanks, fellas, many times.

Splendid tale of a fine collaboration. Illustrious AC members at their best...passion and true knowledge!!

Mario

jimdgoulding

« Reply #42 on: 2 Aug 2013, 12:33 am »
It was rather fine and thanks for pointing that out, Mario.  I'm certainly the beneficiary for it.  Blakep turned me on to a tonearm I really didn't want to buy but am so glad I have.  Neo almost held my hand with setting it up.  Things are fine as wine as we speak and I am most grateful and blown away for it.  Thanks, again, gents.

blakep

« Reply #43 on: 2 Aug 2013, 05:45 pm »
Congratulations Jim! Glad it worked out for you. Check your PM.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #44 on: 4 Aug 2013, 11:33 pm »
Just a final note from me to say that the more premium Jelco 10" arm I ended up with is turning out to be a better sounding and imaging arm than what it replaced.  There is more delicacy is one of the ways.