Ultrasonicrecords.com the ultrasonic record cleaner

xsb7244

Ultrasonicrecords.com the ultrasonic record cleaner
« on: 21 Jun 2013, 02:26 am »
see http://www.ultrasonicrecords.com/    This was also advertised on Audiogon for $1495.00  Are you kidding me?  Is this ligit?  How reliable is this ultrasonic record cleaner?  Too good to be true?  One of you guys please contact him and have him post here.  How effective is this cleaner?

roscoeiii

Re: Ultrasonicrecords.com the ultrasonic record cleaner
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jun 2013, 02:36 am »
Looks like a build based on the thread at diyaudio.com

But man, on the Audio Deske that autodry feature is sweet. Rather have that than multi-disc capability.

vinyl_lady

« Reply #2 on: 21 Jun 2013, 02:45 am »
I just purchased the Audio Desk Systeme from Gene Rubin Audio (on the recommendation of orthobiz). Paul has reported such great results that I decided to pull the trigger.

I'm going to sell my VPI 17 so let me know if you are interested. I have 12", 10" and 7" wands. The model 17 is bi-directional and has an automatic fluid dispenser.

Laura

orthobiz

« Reply #3 on: 21 Jun 2013, 10:39 am »
I just purchased the Audio Desk Systeme from Gene Rubin Audio (on the recommendation of orthobiz). Paul has reported such great results that I decided to pull the trigger.

I'm going to sell my VPI 17 so let me know if you are interested. I have 12", 10" and 7" wands. The model 17 is bi-directional and has an automatic fluid dispenser.

Laura

Addendum: "Which means the vinyl_lady will have the ADS and a Loricraft for record cleaning"

And if it's half as pristine as the preamp I bought from Laura, anyone buying her VPI is gonna get one heck of a machine!

Paul

kgturner

« Reply #4 on: 21 Jun 2013, 12:32 pm »
That's definitely a DIY build. I built my own multi-LP ultrasonic record cleaner for under $400 after buying a used dental ultrasonic cleaner and all the parts. It worked fine, but I ended up in a bind and needed money. I was able to quickly sell it for almost $700. I'm sure the ADS is better, but I have a hard time believing it's $3500 better. I'm probably going to build another one based on a newer, more powerful cleaner in the future, but for now I'll live with my HW16.5.

Looking at the one listed on the website, it appears to be constructed from hobby wood, a gear motor, and nylon gears to rotate the spindle shaft. The cleaner itself appears to be an off the shelf Chinese cleaner. Knowing what I learned from building mine, I'd guess the cleaner costs under $500....probably closer to $300. The wood, motor, and miscellaneous parts are probably another $100 at best. I think he'd sell a lot more of those if they were priced under $1000. More around $800 or so. Just a thought and I could be wrong on his material expenses.

Kevin T

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #5 on: 21 Jun 2013, 11:54 pm »

Laura

Laura, let us know how you like it and what you think of the build quality when it arrives.  :thumb:  Also, as Paul notes, having seen vinyl_lady's set up, the VPI is as close to new as you will find in a used unit.
JD