Sonicap Platinum vs Audiocap REl RT Bypass Caps

Ron

Sonicap Platinum vs Audiocap REl RT Bypass Caps
« on: 18 Jun 2013, 01:23 pm »
  I recently read a review that evaluated a number of audio capacitors.  In this review it mentioned that the Audiocap REL RT series bypass capacitors performed better than the Sonicap platinum capacitors. Also, that the cost of the REL RT was far cheaper too.
I know the Sonicap platinum capacitors provide excellent performance. Question the validity of the report stating that the REL RT capacitors are
better. Does anyone have experience using the REL RT as a bypass capacitor? If so, what is your opinion.

BobM

Re: Sonicap Platinum vs Audiocap REl RT Bypass Caps
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jun 2013, 01:37 pm »
Yes, I've used the REL RT's. They have a slight hardness to them IMO. I'm sure the Sonical Platinums are better (I do use these elsewhere without a bypass), as are the V-Vap teflons. But better yet I absolutely love the Dueland Alexandra's as a bypass (haven't tried the CAST but that would be the cat's meow).

Sorry, I know you were looking for a cheaper alternative, but there you have it. Perhaps the Clarity caps might be worth a go.

Danny Richie

« Reply #2 on: 18 Jun 2013, 09:13 pm »
The Platinum's are very clean, fast, and very neutral. Some like a little flavor and go for other caps in some applications.

I too keep an eye and ear out for anything that I might like better that will be lower cost. As of right now I still go for the Platinum's as by-pass caps in all out applications.

Ron

« Reply #3 on: 19 Jun 2013, 03:02 am »
  Thanks Bob and Danny for your response to my question regarding audio bypass capacitors. I too have found the platinum bypass capacitors
to be as Danny described them. I sort of figured that the REL RT bypass capacitors might add a little brightness or hardnmess which some people prefer. My personal preference in capacitors is toward a fast and neutral sound quality which the platinum bypass capacitors definitely provide.